• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Michael, are you referring to the cable adjustments or to the idle and high speed needle adjustments?
dunno.gif

I am going to re-build the carb, seems to be the best thing for it! So I will have to buy two kits because I have two to re-build! Although the one on the 1650 doesnt need as much of and overhaul as the one on the 104 needs. I read all the hydro stuff in the FAQ's, there sure is alot of it! I dont even know where to start now! I think I'll just finish up the 104 and then worry about the 1650! Good thing the 106 is just fine!
So far!

Hmmm - looks like MTD/CCC still hasn't paid their Empart/Arinet bill......
whistling.gif
(or "test/test" isn't a valid passsword for the parts lookup anymore (maybe the web programmer for the CCC site is on vacation....)

When restoring fords and farmalls I would replace the entire wiring harness. Can anyone suggest where I could get one for my 107 cadet.When I receive them they come tagged with instructions for replacement.Would these? I need help. thank you.

Stuart, look up top at CC Specialties...they have cable assys. With small pictures of them too. Look for box 'Electrical'.

Michael, I would place the throttle control lever in the idle position then make sure that the engine/carb end of the throttle cable is mounted as shown in the photos below. Then move the throttle control lever through it's range and observe the movement of the throttle on the carb, first with the engine off, then with it running. If all moves as it should with the engine off, but not with it running, then it might be that the governor needs adjusting.
dunno.gif

162998.jpg

162999.jpg

Richard--- looks great! Should make a big difference in how a head gasket lasts. If you will give me a while I can teach you a bit about being cheap.If you are worried about the valves hitting the head a bit of your kids playdough or just thick mud will do to cheak spacing. Just get it ALL out when done. As far as starting harder----- I would think the hp gain is fractional at best.

Michael...I usually end up with problems if I mess with governor without looking at the book. Your best bet is to get a Kohler service manual and go by their specs, have gotten them right on the nose every time.

Fourth grandkid made her apperence yesterday! One more to fit in the cub cart for a ride. Grandson goes out and beats on the shed door and yells "tractor" untill I open the door. Am going to need a larger cart. Am looking for a larger mortor box like the first series trailers. Wouldn;t mind two axles for firewood, the old CCO will tow a lot!

Jerry... That is a real good idea, those tubs are some seriously rugged. Never thought of that....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ian, Sometimes the fuel tank petcocks have a screen attached to their inlet side,you might want to take it out and check.

Hey guys what do you all think of my poor mans back-hoe.

163007.jpg

I can dig about 2 feet deep,give or take a few in.

163008.jpg

It has come in real handy,rip with on side and dig it out with the other.

Sorry guys my pics are to big I think, I will try agian later.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Brendan, were mortor boxes hand made or store bought???? Two sheets of 16 gauge would go a long ways along with four frount rims and tires. Am eyeing those stake pocket brackets that were posted earlier on that parts page.

The ones I have seen when I did housing construction were store bought, not sure where from but I don't think Lowes or Home Depo would carry something like that. I do remember they are real heavy.

Ken...another nice home built tool....I can see a hundred uses for that
thumbsup.gif

IT LIVES!!!!
happy.gif

163026.jpg

At 11 PM tonight, I bolted a battery in, turned the key, bumped the starter, and it took right off. Ran it for about a minute. I need to adjust the governor and carb, as it's too rich and wants to run away. Might not make it to Red Power until Friday.

I captured the first start on video. When I figure out how to get that on the 'net I'll post a link.

Back