Archive through July 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRENDAN, KENDELL - The old M out in the shop taught Me a lesson one afternoon back when I was about ten yrs old. Dad was combining with the SM-TA on the JD @25 combine on a nasty little 3-4 acre hillside way back next to the creek on the 80 acres They lived on for 34 yrs many years later. This patch was nothing but turns and uphill and down. Dad didn't want to pull the wagon with the tractor/combine to unload on the go so He had Me pull the wagon over to that place with the M. The whole patch was maybe going to make 150 bushels of oats, He could stop, I'd get under the unloading auger and then We could run along together unloading till the next corner.
Anyhow as the patch got smaller He could make a couple rounds before having to unload the grainbin on the combine. I decided I would stop at the highest point of that patch so I could watch Him, I slipped the transmission into neutral and parked with the brake locked on the left rear wheel.

What I didn't count on was the straw balling up under the left rear wheel and the half a load of oats pushing Me all the way down that steep little hill closer and closer and faster and faster towards the creek. After about a second I snapped the brake off and tried to stop but that straw was still like being on ice. The field leveled off far enough from the creek I had plenty of room to stop after I got away from the loose straw.

Dad never said a word until that night after chores when We were walking to the house from the cattle lot. He simply said "Did You learn something this afternoon?" I assured Him I did!

Matt G,

AWESOME!!! You did it!! Great Job! Enjoy showing your 100 at RPRU.

Post some picts when you get there as no one's put any on the board yet.

Matt

That's simply a great looking machine. You do fine work. I hope you keep this up through the numbers until you complete the line-up with the "reds". What's next???

Wayne, I put a new petcock on this tank b/c the valve wouldn't close. Was able to find one at my local mower shop. Thanks for the heads-up though. Ian

Matt, it looks great! I'm biased though. The 100 is the best looking Cub Cadet!

Fellas,
Is the parts lookup site down again or is it just me?

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

I thought (look out) I'd pass on an accidental discovery. Some people ask if ag/bar tires will tear up their lawn. Well no they don't.

I set up my 104 for snow removal with ag/bar tires all the way around. I recently finished an overhaul on it's engine. Then I spent way too much time with a pair of vise grips removing a rounded head from one of the deck adjusters. So yesterday I cut my grass with it mostly just to hear it run and to check my deck adjustment. When I was finished I thought it looked pretty good. But there was something else that took about an hour of looking to notice. There were no tire tracks.

I've been cutting using a 100 with turf tires front and back. Always tire marks in the lawn where the tractor went. Just like everybody else. But not with the ag tires. Just thought I'd pass that along. Have fun with your Cub.

167156.jpg

Gentlemen,
I have a few questions.
Could someone please tell me the correct (best) sparkplug for my newly acquired 1963 Cub Cadet Original? It has a sooty black ( I assume it is burning oil) Champion RJ8C .
Also, the rear axle is leaking oil / grease at the ends and it is getting on the inside of the wheels. I would like to know which lube to use to top off the rear axle level, and can I re seal and stop this leak.
I need to know what size belt is needed for the mower deck.

Thanks,
Tony p working on Matts Original tractor
Unionville, NC

Latest posts

Back