• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 21, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles MWK. Sweet looking ride there.
happy.gif

Thanks, Marlin.. It has/had a small.. odor problem.. To put it bluntly: It smelled of death. We found deer hair, so we think it was a hunter's vehicle.

well, there's only one other possibility, and its not somethin' I wanna think about. There was an obvious bloodstain in the rear cargo area, so right now I'm trying to be optimistic, lol.

CMWK: What year is it? How much did you pay for it? Where did it come from?
We have a 1999 that we've run for the last 7 years and I kind of figured when we bought it that it had lived through a flood. It's proving me right now that it won't pass inspection due to rust.
The Cherokee Sport is a great vehicle, especially because of the bullet proof 4.0.
Maybe the previous owner picked up the Free Cat? My bad.
happy.gif

Its a 2000, and according to the carfax, came from Van Wert, Ohio, and was traded in in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It was at a dealership in the.. err.. (no offense intended to anyone at all) "'hood", (if you know what I mean.) It looks really good for being an Ohio truck, with hardly any rust.

EDIT: As for the free cat joke, Shame on you.. (even if it made me chuckle a little.)

Lookin for info in the International Harvester "Tandem" axle traier. I think it was call the 1200 series. Deck size was something like 5' X 10'.

OK, I moved it over here to the right spot. Looking for info on the TANDEM AXEL IH trailer. It was approx. 5' X 10' with a tiltl top deck w/giant shock absorber onit so it didn't slam down, rubber "Torstion" bar type suspention, sliding rear light bars and adjustable toung.

Charlie,
Yup, I did. About a mile as the crow fly from my house. Here's some pix.

241880.jpg

ANY info you can send along would be great.
My major concern is that the suspention is a square rubber block with a square "sleeve" in it that the axle slipps into might be rotted out. When in the heck would I find them now?? I know the guy who owns it, but I'm not paying too much for something that would need a TOTAL going through or many replacements.

And one of the "adjustable light brackets". The left one is missing.
241884.jpg

Looking for some "real world" performance/MPG
data for late model Dodge Ram trucks comparing the 5.7 Hemi to the cummins powered rigs either bobtail (w/o trailer) and /or pulling one.
Be it the 1500, 2500, or 3500 duallie

I've got a lo-mile '07 1500 Big Horn Quad cab and thinking of trading up, maybe next year, to a 2500 more than likely a used ;10 or '11.
With an eye forward to pulling a 5th wheel camper at some point.
Looking for one w/the Laramie Longhorn trim pkg. Saw pic's of one and now I'm in love!!

Thanks!

Dave S.

Dave you may get more answers in the sandbox

David I would go for rhe cummins diesel dur to the greater torque and fuel economy. Most cummins will average 20+ mpg and 18+ with a trailer. The hemi will get around 17 empty and about 12 loaded. Our service truck at work is an 09 dodge 2500 with the hemi it avg 10.6 mpg the truck is loades all the time

Thanks Bryan, that's the kind of info I've been looking for. I'm driving 1500 '07 Big Horn w/the 5.7 Hemi right now and the deler im working with is on the trail of a brand new 2011 Laramie Longhorn Ram, Hoping they will have gigantic discount on it. Also there are several used 2011's 2500's around w/the LLR Pkg & the Cummins in the color I want which is the Rugged Brown Pearlcoat.

So, the jury is still out at this point and I'll more than likely be bringing the Big Horn to Forest City next weekend to haul my trio of Cubs.

Dave S

Back