• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Jarrod,
Here ya go.
62729.jpg

Thanks Charlie. According to that picture I have the correct spring and gauge.

Check out this picture. Fuzzy picture, but looks to me as if the end of the crankshaft is wallowed out. That can't help.

url]

Jarrod,
Do what Wes said and move the bearing out to the end of the crank and try again, that will make a difference.
And the crank hole is fine in this application.
thumbsup.gif

Jarrod,

I had a similar problem when I rebuilt my PTO. With the the PTO lever in the off position, I mowed some lawn until I noticed the mower deck slow down and stop. Since then, the PTO will stop whenever I place the PTO lever in the off position. This was my first and only PTO rebuild so I do not know if my experience was typical or not.

There were a few Cubs at Root River this morning.
62731.jpg

62732.jpg

62733.jpg

Gotta just love the water gang too.
62734.jpg

This one is for Wyatt,
62735.jpg

The wife said she wants one of these now!
62736.jpg

62738.jpg

Then she said oh wait, this one is cool.
62737.jpg

Kraig,
Thanks for the reply and information.
I was afraid removal was the next logical step. DOH!! (use Homer Simpson voice)

That will wait until later this year. I will run it for a while and see where it settles in.

Cheers
Dudley

I have IHCC Model 100 with a 44" mower deck the left shaft that bolts to the mower blade has some damage to the key way as a result the pulley will not stay centered I am in need of a new or NOS shaft and woodruff key, any one have such a thing in thier goody box they can part with,I am at present time using some soft shim stock around the shaft so the pulley will stay centered,I did get 1.5 acres mowed this morning with this temp fix

Dave R , you might try the classifieds or one of the sponcers ??

Rich
thanks we arlready sent query to 1 of the sponsors and didnt find anything in classifieds,will keep trying thanks
dave

David R:

Would your deck happen to be a 42" deck as opposed to the 44" deck as seen on the newer Cubs...???

dunno.gif

Roland
the outer dimensions measure 44" the actual cut is less than that,however Chris one of the sponsors has an assembly,if anyone knows if the shafts on 42 and 44" interchange please let me know
thanks Roland

I have an 1961 original and the rear end is leaking real bad around the drive shaft. There probably is some sort of seal in there, has anyone ever had this problem and is it a big job to fix it and are there seals available? Thanking you in advance. Stephen

Re the 44" or as Roland said 42" deck parts on the outer left hand casting where the deck wheel mounts is the part# 473415R1 havent found any place to use this part # to find out if the deck is a 44 or a 42 I will keep looking thanks again Roland for bringing this to my attention as I believe the tractor is a 1965

dave

David R.-

If the deck has cast iron ends and a nosepiece it is a 42" or 38" cast end deck. A 44" deck would be a one-piece, stamped deck, and wouldn't fit well at all on a 100, and was never offered on a 100. You have a 42" or 38" deck as mentioned above.

Here's a better idea...

Does your deck resemble the one on this tractor?

62746.jpg

This is the deck that belongs on your 100, and is most likely what it is. Click on the "Cub Cadet Parts lookup" button above, put in "100" go to "attachments" and you should be able to figure out the rest, if not, ask us for help.

I have a question. I have just removed the pto from my recently acquired 169. I did this because it seemed to have too much wobble or play whenever I grabbed ahold of it. (not running of course). The pto came off real easy. It had six set screws however none were of the conical type. (first in). I feel this was part of the problem. Question is how much movement should there be in the pto bearing on the end of the crank shaft? When I grab it I can wiggle it from side to side a little. I know...how much is a little? It seems to move about 1/16" both ways and spins nicely. Any suggestions? TIA

Matt
yes that is my deck it does have cast iron removeable ends

thanks much for the help

Latest posts

Back