• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klorenz

displayname
Kirk Lorenz
Brendan,

I had to ask my 17yr old text messaging fanatic daughter what a POFS is. You hit the nail on the head with this discription of your neighbors!!

Hey! First post. Does Anyone have a wiring dia. for an original with a charge indicator? Thanks Popps

Lewis P. Look up top just under the business cards and find FAQ'S...click on that
Then stay on top of page and click on CHARLIES FAQs...go to item 60 and work from there.
Look thru the faq's, all sorts of neat stuff there.
err.gif

88968.jpg

88969.jpg

88970.jpg

88971.jpg

Thanks Chairlie, my intention was to give Dad the first ride on her. When he arrived the seat and hardware were still in paint. I don't think he would have enjoyed sitting on the battery
err.gif
. I still have some odds and ends to finish up. The lights need to be wired, headlight switch mounted(thats why the right side panel has not been installed). Also, PTO linkage, front tires and paint rims, lift handle grip and I am sure I am missin something...Yea thats my ugly mug sittin on my cub!

I have an original cub cadet. I recently replaced the 2/3 rd gear. Got her going again.

Does anyone have info on how to install the poppet balls?

Brendan, that sure sucks!
angry.gif
Once while I was on a canoe trip some miscreants smashed in the drivers side window of my SUV. They broke into several vehicles that were parked in the same lot. All they stole from me was cassette tapes. They never even touched the bag of tools that was in the back. We figure it must have been kids.

Todd, nice job!
thumbsup.gif

Charlie, the needle nose pliers trick worked perfectly! I got the key out but it took some doing and had to really grind the pliers down to paper thin to get in between the key and wall of the switch, but it worked great. I will put these pliers up for future use. Who said "made it Taiwan" is worthless! Now the real trick is to find a set of blanks I bought for another Cub about 3 years ago, I know they're around here somewhere.

I gotta git me one dem der digital camera thing doo dads.Ill prolly git my 14 horse kohler back from the machine shop this week.They had it for three weeks.Ill get that in this weekend and itll be ready to fire up!!!I gotta show yall my 147.Totaly restored.Every freakin bolt.Cept the rear hydro of course.Not messin with that...
confused.gif

Hello everyone

I've a rear tire replacement question for everyone. My 23 x 10.5 – 12 rear Goodyear Terra Tires are pretty old and one is having issues with holding air. I really like the smooth sidewall looks and tread pattern of the Goodyear Terra Tire and want to replace the old ones with something very similar staying, of course, with turf tires. My question is: what tire are you guys replacing your 23 x 10.5 – 12 rear Goodyear Terra Tires with? Sure, I could get the Carlisle Turf Saver but I've got a lot of those around here on tractors and thought I would use another tire – closer to the Terra Tire if possible.

Kenneth

Thanks to all for the comments on the 128. Heres a shot from last year, when I brought her home.
88974.jpg

Kenneth D.
I hate to rain on anyone's good reason to buy new tires, but, does the tire that leaks have a tube in it? If not you could slip one in...

well you got to hate ebay when your from Canada. have been trying to buy a 14 hp K for over a year and sellers don`t want to ship to Canada. well i think there will be some Cubs sold here in Canada. i give up!
bash.gif

Todd H,

That looks great!! I am just about to start on my 149 in about the same shape. What did you use for paint?
I am having a hard time finding the right colors. Did you rattle can or spray it and then clear?

Mark

Mark G., thanks. I used rattle can paint on my cub, no clear coat. I got my paint from TSC. Whatever you choose to paint your cub with, that is the easier part. I don't even want to think of the hours I spent in preparing parts for paint...If you do a search for "paint" recently I posted the Cub yellow and IH white that I used. Hope this helps..

David Phelps - Thank you for the feedback and, no, I don't have a tube in it yet, however, that is an alternative. Let me tell ya though these tires are dry crackin' pretty bad and should really be replaced. I was thinkin' I would rather have tires that are as close as I could get to the Goodyear Terra Tires as possible. There are so many tread patterns I really don't care for that it can limit me from changing the tires.

Again, if anyone has any ideas or could let me know what they have used as a replacement turf tire that would be great.

Kenneth

KENNETH D. - Good Year's pretty much given up on a LOT of different tire lines they used to make 20-30 yrs ago....lawn & garden especially. They were the predominant supplier back in the 60's,,,,every CC I'd ever seen had GY's front & back. Now days FIRESTONE offers a good selection as well as Carlisle. I'm parial to Firestones and have them on the rear of two of My three Cubbies and will put them on the third soon. I have Carlisle turf's on the front of My 982 and they're good.
I'd tube up both of Your rear tires first and if the casing splits where it's cracked You'll have to find used GY's if You want to stay with them. I had a 129 a couple years ago that had the same problem. Sun light & ozone kills rubber and too many of these tractors have sat out too many years of their lives.... My 72 was about 13 yrs old when I bought it and fortunately had sat inside most of those years...and has never sat outside since. It still has the original frt tires and the original rears still look like new.

I bought a wide body 149, and it did not come with a deck. I did find a 42" deck for it, and it does fit (barely). However, I do not know what belt to buy for it, as it seems my tractor came with a 44" deck.

Do I buy a belt for a 42" deck, or do I buy a belt that would fit the tractor with a normal size deck?

Help!

Latest posts

Back