Archive through July 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little off topic, well...maybe a lot, but to keep it close I'm gonna need plenty of Cub Referb pics for a couple weeks.
Important safety lesson: These don't play well together. Ended up cutting a tendon, luckily not clean through,and cut an artery. Nice gusher at the ER. Hopefully I wont be out of Cubmission for long. As it is I need to wrangle up the neighbor kid to help me with some work on the 102.
89021.jpg

James D S, Kraig - I once made a decal for the air cleaner on my 149. I was able to carefully peel off the old one and flatten it out to scan it. I then used it as an underlay to re-typeset the sticker using Adobe Illustrator. Matched it darned near exactly. I then printed it out on transparency material designed for a toner-based copier. I then trimmed it out and applied it with a light coat of spray glue and really burnished it on. Still works great - thru rain, snow, bushes and such. I did the hydro release sticker as well. If anyone needs the file - let me know.

89026.jpg

89027.jpg

89028.jpg

o well thats a little too far away at least 3 hours, theres a slight chance ill be up thataways to pick up my stepdad's ol truck but i doubt it. if im thatway ill try and stop in

Haven't posted in a long time but see some of the familiar faces and a lot of new ones...does Kentucky Ken still haunt the forum
lol.gif
...what a character but that is one smart and resourceful man.

Got the 149 out to do some work on...adjusted the hydro creep...changed voltage regulator...adjusted carb and set new choke cable...do have a question though...my muffler is shot and I have a round one like the one in Todd Heaton pic...can I use it or will I have other issues on down the road...BTW Todd....that is one nice tractor...you got the touch !!!!

Richard Tunison....good to see another Florida boy still here..
lol.gif

Boy, you start tinkering with these "friends" and you get a good feeling all over.

Rick

A store near me carries kohler air filters--what part # do I need for my 149? The faqs page doesn't list Kohler air filters (or I just can't find it.) I would also like to replace all my belts--is there a page that lists all the belts I need for my 149? Thanks

Walt; Go to faqs page then to Charlies faqs and click on #2 and #4. That will tell you what you are looking for.
Luther

morning all, i`am thinking of replacing the engine in my 149 and was hoping you guys might have heard of these engine builders,KUSTOM LAWN AND GARDEN/CLARK RACING. they want $699.00 for a short block 14 hp K. i was thinking of getting 1 in stead of rebuilding mine. she has a knock at idle.If you all know of them let me know. A long way for me to send for an engine and get a mess. thanks
thumbsup_old.gif

Mornin Don, is there any chance that knock you hear at idle is from the pto clutch and not the engine ? I have a tractor that does the same thing, occasionally it sounds like the rod will come out but it's the pto. Worried me when it first started doing that.

Latest posts

Back