Archive through July 17, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny B,

I'm not sure the frame on a 100 would be strong enough to handle the stresses created by a hydraulic cylinder big enough for splitting logs without adding a lot of reinforcement. Frames on narrow frame models are bent up sheet metal and not a heavy enough gage to hand the repeated cyclic (fatigue) loads from log splitting. Most log splitters have a heavy steel I-beam to which the cylinder and wedge are attached and the loads are all reacted within that I-beam. If you could mount an I-beam to the frame and keep the loads contained within that beam, that may work, but I personally would hate to see that done to a Cubby. Just my $.02.

Ron S.

Yes, I understand the frame of the cub is not heavy enough and a I beam will be needed.
I am figureing on a 4 or 6 inch I beam for the cylinder and splitting wedge, and they would be attached to the frame of the 100.
Useing a cub for the power plant I figured would be the easyest as all the electronic parts are there, I will aslo need to do is remove the steering wheel and shaft as they will not be needed.

Evening all, I finally got the 128 fired up(1st time since Oct. 2007). I need to fine tune the timing and carb. I had to shut her down, after my wife yelled out the window "Hey I told you I was going to bed!" The straight pipe exhaust didnt help matters either!
buttrock.gif

Just finished restoring my 125 and I am ready to fire it up for the first time. Can anyone explain to me how to time the engine? I turned it over but don't have any spark yet. What other steps do I need to do when starting the engine for the first time. It is completely rebuilt with new valves, rod, piston, rings, and bearings. I heard to run pre-mix through it for the first hour or two of operation. Is this a good idea? Thanks for any suggestions.

Chip "T",
Another way of getin' that busted of key out is to use some <font size="-2">real small</font> picks and kinda' work the key out with the picks.

Thanks for the tips about the points. Looks like I'll be working in the garage Saturday morning.

Todd: Being an aged and married old man here is your response. "Honey do you want me to come to bed with you or do you prefer me to work on my Cub?"

Do not be suprised how much more shop time you get!
roflol.gif

Pops
old.gif

Lonny B: Ahhh, to each his own, but lifting those unsplit lightweight "styrofoam" oak/ash/elm logs up on there is is gonna help out that "bad back". Unh Hunh....Seems to me, that sitting on a stool, lifting one end of the log and having that big ole screw take it away from you and split the log, makes it seem simple and relatively easy. Of course, I'm only 70, so maybe when I get old and decrepit I'll have to have some help or a different type splitter, but all of 'em I've seen (horizontal or vertical) requires some <u>lifting</u>....Not only that, the Unicorn will enhance, not destroy a Cub Cadet..While, the Unicorn Manufacturer, Thackery, likely is no longer in business, those screw style splitters are still available from a place up in the northwest (CRS). A little internet search should help find it. Just my $.02 on the subject...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Correcting my 125 Creeping hydro problem. While apart and fixing the other issues I noticed that the Nylon bushing (part #8 on lookup) that sits inside the Speed Control asembly is split. Is mine broken or do they come that way? Just wanted to fix what I could while eveything is apart.
Thanks,
jimmac

James, you mean part 8 in this drawing? I'm not sure but the drawing appears to show a split line on the part.

88934.jpg

88935.jpg

Matt, thanks for confirming that for James. BTW, I'll be working on the hydro control section of my 125 soon. It's been apart like this for almost two weeks now but I've been busy with the Original.

88937.jpg

Roland B,
the 44 model, is that straight up 44 or I see there are 44A and 44C models. will these work? i have the Mule gear and carriage.

Or Rather: what will work. will decks off the 1000 series tractors work?

thanks, Steve

Steve M:

Yup...there are three (3) 44" decks. There is the 44, 44A, and 44C. They are all the same except for the drive pulley size.
The 44 was designed for a WF Cub with a Mechanical PTO.
The 44A was designed for a WF Cub with an Electric PTO.
The 44C was designed for a WF Cub (82 Series) that used a 5/8" drive pulley & belt with an Electric PTO.

YUP....the Cub 1000 is part of the WF Quiteline Series. Normally one would fine a 44A on this Cub.

I recently "inherited" this mower deck. Someone who handles a lot of garden tractors thought it might be from an older Cub Cadet. Any ideas?
88941.jpg

JD MILLER,I don't know about cadets but it seems like some of the old forest gump type snapper riders had a round single blade deck.

I have a question that maybe some of you all can answer for me.I play mainly with 100's,70's and 82 series tractors. I had a guy tell me that the rear fenders from a 149 are different then those off of a 128 or 1200 series is this true ?????  they seen to look the same to me ,  but im not sure  Thanks Kevin

Latest posts

Back