Archive through July 17, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin, the 149, 128 and 1200 all use the same fenders. The "Parts Lookup" site is a wonderful thing.
happy.gif

88947.jpg

Well, I know I said the 128 would be complete by today. But, I never told my father that...Up and runnin tip top. Even my old man said, looks good and sounds good.

What a #%$@in day. Started out great, worked on FrankenCub for a while, it's so close I can hear him bark <font size="-2">ok, so I cheated and fired him up already </font>. Did a little maintenance on the 102 and figured a parts list up for CC Specialties to get it back up to par. Went downtown with my wife for the day. When I got back I figured I would check out my Cub funds to be sure of what extras I could afford and it's missing. Some POFS got in our place today and helped their self. I have a pretty good idea who it was, but, no way to prove it for sure. These people next to us were stealing fire wood last year, were overheard by my wife 4 or 5 months ago talking about a computer they had stolen, 7 of my step-son's PS2 games came up missing while at their house, the list gets pretty long. My neighbors on the other side of me put in security cameras last year due to problems with them. The worst part is I can't prove it enough for the law and my pit bull and labrachow were raised to be sweethearts, they had to walk by both dogs to get in. What a way to end the day. Gonna have to find some place to lock up my Cubs and stash of parts, with the price of scrap I'm afraid they will be on the list when I'm not home. Sorry for the rant but I'm just boilin righ now, may have to go talk to my Cubs awhile to calm down.

Todd H.
Looks great man!
thumbsup_old.gif

You gonna let dad drive it?

Brendan B.
CRAP!
I hate to hear stuff like that. The day will come that those A-holes will get theirs!
It took a little while here in the midwest, but those guys down in Iowa finally got there's and still are from what I hear.
whistling.gif

Charlie, At first I was just pissed, now I can ad in depressed. I've sold parts I didn't really want to so I could fund these two projects. Dr. took me out of work 2 years ago so this really hurts. I'd give the shirt off my back to help someone fallen on hard times, now this. My heart says walk over there and let them explain it to my 357 but my head knows better. I've got way too much to loose just to put the fear of god in them. I don't know what to do......
For now I'm looking at security cameras on the big auction site but most of them look too gimmicky or are from China. They WILL get their turn, I don't like to play that way but it needs to be done. Maybe in the future I can also catch them on camera.

Brendan; Sorry to hear that man. Three years ago i was robbed of my tools twice in two months. I am still missing things i had forgotton about. So far about $8,000. I start to use a tool or part that i know i had for the cub cadets and look and it is not there. After i calmed down i was glad i didn't catch them. Our police Dept. couldn't catch a Elephant in snow and it with A nosebleed. But i an thankful for my insurance co.
Luther

Brendan,

Sorry to hear this. I was robbed once and know the emotions that you are going through. The cops told me they knew who did it, but still no results.

Any chance that their exploits showed up on your neighbors cameras?

Brenden,

Sorry to hear of your lose. I hope you still filed a police report, even if they can't do anything. You can still tell them your suspicions and refere them to your other neighbors who experianced problems, so they can at least be aware of the situation. People like that mess up sooner or later and if the cops have all the info they will be able to charge them and put them where they belong,
censored.gif
prision.

Brenden B. That sucks BIG TIME!!! I remember years back when the local hog buyer had his place of business broken into. Two days later the cops had the culprits due to the simple fact the thieves took everything to a local pawn shop the very next day after breaking into the place. When our kids were in school a person broke into the school and stole some band instruments. Again two days later the same results. Once again the culprit drove to Clinton, Iowa and pawned the instruments at one of the local pawn shops. As several police officers told me and like the guys here have stated ... "Sooner or later.... someone will screw up."

Lonny B. Convert a poor little Cub Cadet into a log splitter? It sounds like an awful lot of time and energy and involves a lot of mechanical work on your part. Now to give you a little friendly ribbing here and that is all this is.... Over in the Lawn tractor section you said that you wren't very mechanically inclined and may end up just swapping rearends in your hydro Cubbie. Are you holding out on us with your mechanical skills?
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back