• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremiah and Lewis Do-Dah and everyone else talking about the V/R wiring and ground - I haven't had time to keep up, and I've popped in a few times so I don't really know where the discussion was going BUT - the dang ground wire for the V/R has always bugged me. Did any of you happen to look see at the Service Manual. Yes it has the wiring schematic and the ground wire ain't RED it's PINK!!!! And the wire in Lewis' pics and in Jeremiah's is PINK!!! Now that I've got that straight, the dang V/R themselves use a rubber mount that isolates the V/R from grounding to the frame UNLESS you happen to have the style that has a little wire soldered to the back of the case and goes to the mount. I can't see the back of Lewis' or Jeremiah's V/Rs so I can't tell what style they have. If you connect that PINK wire to the V/R mounting bolt to the frame it really doesn't ground the V/R UNLESS you have the little wire soldered on the back of the V/R to the mount.

Now, having said all this stuff, I've used 3-prong V/R's that did NOT have that little wire soldered to the back, and the V/R worked fine. I actually think the V/R really doesn't need to be grounded. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Would someone tell me why the V/R needs to be grounded, besides saying the wiring diagram shows the V/R having a ground.

Wayne S. I'd go ahead and use the axle. Take a hammer and peen the area around and on the welds first. Offhand I'm guessing the person that welded it had to have know how to weld the pieces and took their time. The did little welds and let them cool from what i can see. I've a lot of 7014 rods and not one 7018 to try and weld some of those pulley made V grooves.

Off to work so everyone BE SAFE and have a truly wonderful day.
297976.gif

Harry-

It's pretty hard for the electromagnets that operate the contacts inside the regulator to work if the circuit that operates them is open. If it didn't need to be grounded, it wouldn't have been from the factory...

Jeremiah:

"Lewis, I think you are correct, the 122 Wiring Diagram is wrong,"

Since you stated the wiring diagram that I enhanced is wrong....What is wrong...????

Here's some wiring info from the 1x2/3 Operator's Manual:

297983.jpg

297984.jpg

Roland, I believe Jeremiah is stating that your 1x2/3 series wiring diagram only shows a ground connection to the Voltage Regulator, it does not show the Pink wire to ground as shown in the wiring info I just posted. So technically it is correct but is missing the wire and it's color. He also explained it away as the difference between a schematic and a diagram.
happy.gif
happy.gif
dizzy.gif

Hydro, please note the ground connections in the Voltage Regulator in this diagram:

297986.jpg

Here's another 1x2/3 series Wiring Diagram, note that it mentions the Pink wire to ground:

297987.jpg

Kraig:

Since I have the original Wiring Diagram, it clearly shows a pink wire for the ground.

Must be some bad copying.

Where can I find a shroud for a 38" mower deck, or do I need to fabricate one. Trying to rebuild the deck, and the first thing I would need would be a shroud.

Roland, can you email that diagram to me? The one I have is the same one that Jeremiah posted with the March 2006 edit date. No Pink wire shown on it.

Holden, check with R.F. Houtz & Sons, see link at top of page.

Latest posts

Back