• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, ahthough I wish it was my 149, it isnt. It belongs to Brad Datisman... whom I am tyring to get a hold of to ask him how he went about making those fenders.

Jim T.
I was looking at some 18x8.00x8's at Wally World. They only had one or I would have bought a pair. Their restocking would be hit and miss according to the tire guy. The price was $38.xx.

Charlie- I was the victim of a temporary brain freeze. I can never plan past the closest upcoming Sat. night. I was distracted by the new thread going down the page, instead of up.(and now it goes both ways). Finally, what Myron said about "assumptions" on my part, not yours. Anyway thanks for clearing up my foggy mind.

Glen,

I think you have the same ideas I have for building a custom cub. There is a pic from Red Power of a modified cub (I think)- painted red, fenders like the one in the pic you just posted but it has tall narrow duals on the rear and sits up higher in the front. Looks like he extended the lower part of the front steering arm. I would love to know how he built that tractor. Makes a garden tractor much more like a compact tractor. I can't figure out how to post a pic, but it was just put up over the last week or so.

Does anyone happen to know the load rating for the Electric Lift on a CC 147?

David,
I don't know what the load rating is for the electric lift (I don't have one), but I remember reading that for heavy implements like a tiller or thrower it is a good idea to use a spring assist to lighten the load on the lift. That way it will lift much faster and dosen't tear the lift apart after extended use.

Jim. did It look like this?
62177.jpg

62178.jpg

62179.jpg

Have you guys ever heard of FARMALL LAND USA located in western Iowa??

Roland,

I guess I used "extension kit" is a fairly broad sense there. I was refering to the flexible lines and remote filter base that allow it to be mounted in different locations.

"Remote filter base w/hoses" is a much better way of saying what I meant last night.

There is no check valve in the remote filter base line, and there must not be a anti-drain-back valve (check) in the filter, because I had a Kohler brand filter installed (correct PN) when I noticed the delayed oil presure.

Hey Kraig, when you read this on Monday (tomorrow) can you check your archives, and see if you have any more cubz with the flat top fenders? TIA Glen

I definitely need some larger tires on the front. 18x6.50x8 would work perfectly.

Digger:
Where can I get a new front glass for the cab? I got it with the cracked front glass.
62190.jpg

62191.jpg

26x12x12 from the new Farmall line.
62192.jpg

I've got the pan off of an 86 I'm working on that has been bored over. How can I tell, without disassembling and micing the crank, if I have an undersized rod? Are they marked or something, or is there no way to know without measuring?

Frank M, I'm not Charlie, but have a suggestion for the windshield, maybe. If you've got a truck repair shop(semi size) check with them for where they get their flat windshiel glass. Flat windshield glass didn't used to be too bad, even if it had to be custom fitted. Curt

Glen,

That 100 I have just kinda given it a mechanical update to keep the mowing going (although the only Thing growing are weeds we need rain bad) I have another in a thousand parts for a complete restoration.

Kendall

Na, the 56 Big window is gonna stay a Nailhead powered old Hot Rod. Wish I could find more time to work on my projects instead of everyone elses!

Tom
62195.jpg

Ok guys do not own Ractchet wrenches, but they are a must on my shopping list. I have used my Craftsman and Snap On tools for years. One of the best things I ever bought was a set of Craftsman impact sockets for everyday use.

The 1650 was a delight to mow with Sat. Morning cleaning up the small areas the 7264 left. Mowed woods and side ditches with it. Some problems were found while mowing but no major issues except the steering, thought I was driving our old M when going fast left, right, left, right,.

Had to laugh tho, took the belt cover off of the 44 inch deck. All the years I have worked for people and a implement dealer one of the biggest problems was not greasing things enough! Well the past owner over greased the belt pulleys. The grease was caked at least an inch all the way around the outside edge. Cleaned everything especially the belt but heavy grass it wanted to slip some. Good thing no rust!!! LOL

Had an oppurtunity to run the 1000 down to the local elevator to weigh it. Brochure says 810 lb. with 175 pound operator. Well I weigh 220 lbs. so figuring give or take 50 lbs. more the tractor should weigh around 860 w/me. I even had the side panels off and the thing still came in at 900 lbs. What the????

One last laugh guys it isn't the lack of tools to put those front bolts in it is this old man getting into the position to start that front bolt. Oh that hurts!!!

Nice 1206...

Pops

Frank,
regarding your 26x12x12's- It looks like you have the heavy offset rims. Am I correct or are those the stock rims? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back