Archive through July 06, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David B., welcome!
groupwave.gif
What do you mean restore it?? If that's it's original paint I don't think I'd do anything to it but correct any mechanical issues! Wow that is in nice condition.

We have a Cub Cadet 1100 ss# 656316. How common was a 11 hp Briggs & Stratton from factory?
It looks like it was original?
Thank you
Robert

Robert, welcome!
groupwave.gif
The 1100 was the first Cub Cadet to come from the factory with a Briggs.

88593.jpg

88594.jpg

88595.jpg

88596.jpg

Kraig;
Thanks for the welcome.
beerchug.gif
Yep its the original paint on it. I'd like to get it where it looks new again. The few areas that the paint is gone and rust is showing is already bugging me LOL! In messing with it this am looks like the clutch needs work. Got a new battery for it this am and after lunch I am going to drain the old gas and get some new in it. Man I love getting a new toy to play with!!
thumbsup.gif

David, I see the left guard on the mower deck is not installed, if you do not already have that, you may want to look around at your in-laws place and see if it's still around. BTW, my condolences on the passing of your brother-in-law.

7Jul08

Something's amiss! I need 1200 drive shaft help.

I need to install a throwout bearing. Simple enough.

The problem is that:

1. The parts manual shows the assembly in one sequence.

2. The service manual shows a different parts order.

3. The way it was assembled by the last service "mechanic" is in yet another, and the lubricating bushing is missing! My serial number is greater than 612xxx.

I note that there are two roll-pin holes between the rear of the loading spring and the creeper roll-pin hole. If I find and install a lubricating bushing, which hole do I use? What are the dimensions of the lubricating bushing? Do I need it?

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) I just have to ask the prosess for painting that you are useing. Sand blast, prime,paint, how many coats of each. I had just planned on sanding and primeing then paint,but a friend gave me the use of his glass blaster. so now the 129and the O will be painted.Now its just to hot here to blast. 82 deg inside the garage. later Don T
88602.jpg

Don, first I remove any grease or oil with a citrus based degreaser. To remove the old paint, before I got the cabinet sandblaster up and running, I had been using a 4.5" angle grinder with a wire cup brush and one with a sanding disc. I still use the angle grinders to remove most of the paint from the large parts like the frame and pedestal then finish them up with the pot style sand blaster. For smaller parts I now only use the cabinet sand blaster. After I finish removing the old paint I wipe the parts down with lacquer thinner to remove any dust or residual paint, oil etc. Next step is to prime then paint. On the pedestal and the frame after the paint has set up for a week I am going to lightly sand out some imperfections and put a second coat on. I'm using rattle can primer and paint. The primer is Valspar brand or Plasticoat (sp) brand, the yellow paint is Cub Cadet brand and the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> white paint is Valspar brand. BTW, I'm not sure my procedure is the correct way to go about it but so far it seems to work for me.

Kraig, as a rattle can veteran I might offer one piece of advice, and bet you've already figured this out. Those 4 dollar "spray gun" attachments that snap onto the top of the rattle can seem to be a big help. On larger parts I had a tough time with finger fatigue, resulting in runs sometimes because I just couldn't consistently keep a nice spray going when my finger got tired. I bought one of those trigger gadgets at FF and it's soooo much easier to get a consistent spray. It's not quite painting with a gun, but it's way better than just using your finger on the can, my wrist action was much smoother with one. It also keeps your finger from creating a drip on the can nozzle, which seemed to be the root cause of most nozzle problems I've have. With the trigger gadget I can shoot a whole can right to the bottom no problem. -Brian

88607.jpg

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

I got stuck at work late today, but managed to get some paint on the dash,hood and nose cone. I also set the Toe in and revised my "to do list". More to come!
Thanks Kraig, for the gas tank hp decal info. I think I'll hit up the sponsers for a set.

Latest posts

Back