• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 03, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom H. -

Yes it is. That's him in the white shirt on the far right of the picture.

Never got a chance to chat with him - too many regulars taking up his time.

More progress photos.

88558.jpg

I used a black Epoxy Appliance paint on the 125's foot rests, hopefully it will hold up well. A few years back I had the Original's foot rests powder coated, they've been safely wrapped up in protective paper wrapping ever since.

88559.jpg

88560.jpg

88561.jpg

John, first thing I would do is check with the guy to see what wire he reconnected.

Bryan,
Don has some of the nicest "STANDARD" tractor you'll ever find. His paint jobs are like glass!!

Kraig, looking good
thumbsup.gif
Maybe you should make a change. Instead of "Keeper of the photos". How bout"Keeper of the freshly painted cub parts" Just a thought

Ed T, do you have a manual for your cub? There are a few things that can cause "steering play". 1st cub tie rod ends get loose over time. 2nd cub steering boxes also get loose over the years. If you do need to rebuild the steering box, there are some upgrades you can do. Do a search for steering upgrades and you should find some good info. Hope this helps.

Kraig, you are having too much fun! Let's see you keep paint on the heads of the bolts while putting them back together. I think there was someone that had all the hardware chrome plated so nothing chipped.

Another tip for painting bolts is right after painting them, bake them. I use an old toaster oven. Rig up something to hold the bolts while painting that will go right in the oven. About 15 minutes and the paint becomes pretty hard.

added a new member to the family today dont know the year yet but will check tomarrow sat for 2 years put a new plug fresh gas... started in two rotations. (hope fully the pic works) but know i have a problem i can here a nock around the motor but i don't know if it is the motor when it idles low it smokes (white) really bad but clears up at high RPM i dont know if that is maybe my rings going or if i need to adjust my carb???
dunno.gif

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
Cub Cadet 100
Cub 100 90K (50.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Tom, I've used a heat gun in the past to bake paint on parts, works pretty good. I never thought about baking the paint on the bolt heads, good idea.
thumbsup.gif

Todd, I'm running out of places to hang parts in my shed. I think I'm going to have to start bringing them into the basement. I hope my wife doesn't notice.
shhh.gif

i think ive been in that place myself, it looks familiar, the town sounds familiar to

Latest posts

Back