• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 03, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtatchell

displayname
graeme k tatchell
Keith LeJeune - If I can work this one up with "epoxy" & paint, anyone can. The centre is a Honey Jar cap!
88490.jpg

88491.jpg

What type of oil should I use in my 1200 manual transmission? I read in faq's that sae 30 could be used. Is that correct?
thanks
mike

Michael M: Why would you doubt the information found in the FAQ?? Charlie doesn't put wrong answers there...That's why the forum has a FAQ and a link to CubFAQ. To provide <u>correct</u> answers to questions asked regularly and often...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

that's the one!! some co-workers and i were talking about doing that and i wanted to show them a pic of a real garden tractor.

Michael M: See....Roland just repeated the FAQ...I, too, prefer to use the HyTran from Case/IH (a bit less expensive) or the same stuff called Hydraulic Transmission Fluid from Cub Cadet. Either will serve you better in the long run than the 30wt motor oil but if you live in the Alaskan wilderness or some such and can't get either of those or are just plain ole cheaping out, then IH says you can do that.....
taunt.gif

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July!

I've been spending this absolutely beautiful day working on my Original and 125 refurbs. I decided to come in for lunch (at just after 2:00P.M. central, how time flies when you're having fun!) Here are some progress photos.

88505.jpg

Note the Cub in the lower left corner of the photo above, it's my #2 125.

88506.jpg

88507.jpg

88508.jpg

88509.jpg

88510.jpg

88511.jpg

I guess I left the #1 125 in storage for too long. Bad Red Squirrels.
shame.gif

Nice job Kraig.

What are you using for paint, and especially primer?

Rattle can, or are you using a sprayer?

Looks NICE so far.
bouncy.gif

Wow Kraig, you have been making progress on a lot of parts and pieces lately!! Looking good..
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the info. I used sae 30. Got the 1200 back together. Turned her over a few times and putt putt putt. No vibration, no smoke, off throught mine and the neighbors yard. Nice ride. Will put the mower deck when new belt comes in. Thanks for all the info here.

Art U., Richard, thanks. I'm trying to make up for lost time. I started on the Original refurb in 2004.
blush.gif

The dash/pedestal looks way better in the photo, it's a 10' paint job at best. I've been using both Valspar or Plasticote (sp?) primer, depending on the part, (no rhyme or reason, I just am) and Cub Cadet Yellow in rattle cans. The <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> white is rattle can Fleet Farm (Valspar) brand. I may have to respray the dash/pedestal as the brand new can of Cub Cadet yellow had a bad nozzle.
angry.gif
It spit blobs of paint in a couple spots, I caught it right away but the damage was done. I removed a nozzle from an empty can of yellow and then it sprayed OK. Anyone know if it's OK to lightly sand and respray after the paint has cured? Or am I going to have to strip it back to bare metal?
dunno.gif
In any case, both the Original and the 125 will be workers, if the paint was too nice I might not want to actually use them.
happy.gif
I have some more photos to post but I need to switch computers first, back in a few minutes....

I wish I could play the 2001 Space Odyssey theme music in this post for the next series of photos. Ever buy a tool for a future use and have to wait for several years before you to get to use it?

88513.jpg

88514.jpg

88515.jpg

88516.jpg

88517.jpg

88518.jpg

88519.jpg

88520.jpg

KENtucky, your pin tool works great!
thumbsup.gif
I hope all is well with you my friend!

Hmmm, perhaps I should leave some runs in the paint to make it more like when it left the factory.
lol.gif

88522.jpg

88523.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to spend some time with the sandblaster on some of these parts:

88524.jpg

88525.jpg

Kraig- I have picture challenge for ya, do you have a good close up pic of how subframe for 42" blade mounts on 1x4/x5 cub I made new brackets to weld to my subframe and would like to see a pic of one on tractor. Thx!

bubbly.gif
....I'm back.

Is this what you are looking for?

88527.jpg

88528.jpg

88529.jpg

88530.jpg

88531.jpg

88532.jpg

Parts Cubs are a wonderful thing.
happy.gif

Kraig, I have been using the Valspar rattle can on the 128. The blob of spray from a fairly new can be covered well without sanding. I too caught the blobs(as soon as they happened) and used a shop rag and my pointer finger to lightly dab the paint blob away....A couple more coats of paint...Paint blob,where?
I am not going for the prize winning paint job, as your photo proved if there are no runs in the paint...it is over restored!

for my 100 all i uesed was fleet farm (valspar) rattle cans and it turned nice. only bad spots are where i didnt sand enough and where i painted to close. one of my deck sheilds looks like it was brushed on in circular motions

Back