• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole tractor is completely restored. I mean all new EVERYTHING! Electronics, pumps, hoses, belts, you name it, all new. Also, everything black on the tractor has been powder coated black, the rims have been powder coated IH white, and all red has been stripped and painted with automotive paint and clear coat and professionally wet sanded and buffed. The diesel, has been gone over and checked, and also painted. The only after market thing I installed is a electric fan. This thing is better than it was new.

88446.jpg

It prolly take two lil cubz to pull that there engine...yup...

Shawn, yes and no. There were optional size tires available for both the 100 and the 123 so they could have the same size tires or they might not.

88449.jpg

88450.jpg

Nate D: If you would kindly read the forum rules about asking "How much is my Cub Cadet worth?", you would not have posted that question...It may disappear when Charlie sees it...That is a No No. Besides, there is no standard pricing on any model. Your location matters a lot....Some places some models aren't worth a whole lot and other places they are near priceless....local economic conditions also figures in...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron, well stated!

In any case Nate, that is one beautiful 782D.
thumbsup.gif

Nate, don't take this wrong but i can spare about $140 right now. I know that is a wild dream but thats what it's worth to me right now. I would really like to pay you what it is worth but the money you spent on it probably makes you see "red" now and then. Still---- very nice

TOM, CHRIS - rear PTO on Super's runs 2000 rpm. Plus it's an oddball spline. Dan H. gave Me a lead on where to get splined shafting for making PTO's. Guy I bought My QA-36 from MANY years ago built His own rear-3-point mounted snow blower for His 982....was about 4 ft wide, three feet tall, twin discharge....pretty neat piece of machinery.

SHAWN C. - Whatever wheels & tires fit a 70/100 also fit anything up to a 73/106/107/126/127/147.

Nate, speaking from the Jeepin side of things. You'll never get out what you have in it. Maybe a few hundred more than most go for, I'd say.

If I rebuilt something like that, I'd never want to let it go.

Looks awesome!

Dennis, Did you see the can of gear oil that some nice guy posted of mine? I was wandering about a dateline for those cans. Am lucky and there is very little rust on the outside. I am just old enough to remember when anti-freeze came in those cans.

Hey Jerry, can I borrow a $140.00? heh heh!

I got one of them fancy steering wheel removal tools at the hardware store the other day. I used it to take off the steering wheel from the 100. The wheel was so dry... (how dry was it?) The center section around the hub still broke into 3 peices. I had soaked it a while back, but I forgot to spray it down again before I started wacking with the BFH. Man I didn't want to get another wheel. I'm going to try and epoxy this one back together and paint it for now.

I wish it'd stop raining long enough that the ground can dry enough that I could get my building delivered. It's still way too soft to drive a truck through my neighbors yard to get to my backyard. It's only July and we're already over by like 3" for the YEAR!

At least we don't have to worry about fireworks setting off dry grass this year...

Thanks for the input guys. I don't intend to sell it anytime soon. It means alot to me. I don't have in it NEARLY as much as you think I would. Had a GOOD connection. NO the parts are NOT hot.

Anyhow, I DO apologize for the posting. I have been a member for awile but don't make it into the forum very much, so to WHOEVER I may have upset for posting the round about "how much is my cub worth" question, I am sorry. I wasn't so much asking how much it was worth as to who I could contact, but again, sorry for the mixup. I will be sure to read the rules before posting next time.

ANYHOW, thanks for all your help.

Nate, I don't think you upset anyone. Myron was just pointing out the forum rules about asking "What's my Cub worth?" type questions. I sure wish I had some spare cash so I could make an offer, that is one beautiful 782D.
happy.gif

Hi to all! 122's been running great, got a lousy, ripped seat on her, what was on it originally. Like to replace, but I've got minimal $$. I've seen a photo of a white one with blue trim. was it metal, fiberglass or padded? Thanks! Dave

I have a problem on a 1450 block I need some guidance on. The problem is I can not get the elbow casting to tighten up. The exhaust port is wallered out, as soon as I put pressure on the new lock ring the casting slides over the threads in the block and will fall out. Has anyone had a similar problem and how did you fix it. I have thought about adding a flange to the two mounting holes in the block and having it threaded and use this to the mount the casting or weld a tube similar to what was posted just recently. Open to any thoughts. Thanks

John

David, the 122 originally had a fiberglass pan style seat with a foam padded white vacuum formed vinyl cover and blue edging.

88462.jpg

KEITH - I live around Madison, WI....normal rainfall is around 15 inches by this time of year....We've had something like 27.94 inches, almost DOUBLE....100+ inches of snow this winter, plus 10 inches of rain in about a day four weeks ago. The closed I-94 between Milwaukee and Madison three weeks ago because the Rock River & Crawfish River were so high. My normal commute from Madison to Milw. to work went from 60 minutes to 2 hrs & 15 minutes one Friday night about three weeks ago!

JERRY - Yep, even went back to look at that can again.... There's people on the RPM forum that could date it better than I can but I'd say it dates back to the late 50's, or very early 1960's, like during the 350/450 era ('56-'58) to the 460/560 era ('59-'62). Even those those model tractors used the earliest version of Hy-Tran in their rearends IH would still market 90W gear oil for the older letter series tractors.
ihrotate.gif

Couldn't find oil cans but I found these, from 1963/64.

88464.jpg

88465.jpg

Hi to all. great website. I'm new kind of new to cubs and have a couple questions. I've loved my dads 149 which he still has without ever having problems with it since he bought it. He got me a 129 I kind of restored. I now came across a 169 in pretty good shape considering, the other day. ..but need some info as to restore this to specs...or very close. I need to know about the exact paint colors (numbers) for white and yellow. the ones I used on my 129 (form shop) don't seem right. Possible to get the original tail lights instead of reflectors?. original seat (metal back) Any other information would be Great! Low ash oil info, high trany trans fluid info. exact numbers of how many 169s were produced ect. any recommendations on restoring/advice. thanks again
Jim Michigan [email protected]

hey kraig, a while back there was a pic posted of a cub fitted with a straight pipe exhaust. you still have that photo or can you tell me where to search for it?

Back