• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wyatt
It sounds like the primer coat may be heavy and the primer is not completely dry - the paint is still giving off what ever it gives off to make it dry <font size="-2">how's that for technical talk</font>. IronGuard primer takes a while to dry, specially when using the IronGuard thinner/reducer. Give it at least 24 hours (more in high humidity) and then sand and recoat and see if that solves the problem. Did for me.

Does anyone know what the proper type of weight the weight box on the front of my cub with the post hole digger should have in it. I would imagine it is the same box that danco used for most stuff,it has gravel in it now? Thanks all.

Shawn L,
I don't know if your box is like this one but the Danco phamplet I have says that there's a kit to put this on the front. Says it adds 250-300 filled with sand.
20099.jpg

Charlie-
I've been painting outside but letting it cure in the garage where it's air conditioned, cool but dry. Sorry I didn't realize what you were asking.

Shawn L.......Any kind of material can used for ballast. I prefer using steel plates or lead. Both are heavy and can be easily removed.

On the paint-
I ended up going with Steve's Kry-bomb surfacer, since I'm using IronGuard like he did on his 100 I feel pretty comfortable with that. Turns out the quart of CNH primer was a primer/surfacer where the spray can I used was a primer.sealer. Using some paint stripper I took the part I had painted/REALLY hosed, re-mudded it, and shot it with the primer Steve suggested. It was stuff from the "CNH Maintence Solutions" not bad stuff, just incorrectly applied by myself.

Luckily the pedestal uses a removable dash (from a 73) so I'm not having to strip the whole thing and paint it over & over.

Digger did you have an adjustable mower hanger that was offset? I thought I saw a pic of one on here. If it was do you have the part number. Thanks Kendal

Wyatt,
Paul and Steve have it right. You really need this stuff to cure for quite awhile before going on to the next step or what has happenned to you will occur.

Humidity also is a major consideration as to when or not to apply color but from what you describe I do not think it is the cause of your problem.

Kendal,
Offset adjustable Link, these are on the 38" and 46" 333 Deck hangers or if you want to be proper, The 46" Mower Adaptor.
PN/719-3072
20105.jpg

Thanks Digger they look great.
thumbsup.gif

If I can ask, what program do you have to reduce pic size? I plan to post as soon as I figure out how to add to message, still looking through help topics.
dizzy.gif

To continue with the topic of paints, Can a acrylic enamel be applied to previously painted wooden surface and get an shinny result? What do you all suggest I do/use? TIA

Donnie,
I sent you what you needed to post those pics, just copy and paste the \ image {thing in the email.
I use Vue Print 8.0 Pro32 from http://www.hamrick.com/
Nice little program, go download it and then email me and I'll show ya how to open up the full version.

Lyle B,
Man that's a loaded question, LOL
What are ya paintin? what's the old paint? How old is it? And why in the HE-double-L are you even thinkin about it, grin

I have a cub 73 with some electrical problems due to brittle wires and past attempts to fix them. I have a parts manaual but the parts diagram for the wiring harness does not have enough information. How can I get a wiring diagram that is more detailed so I can trace the problem? How do you test the magnetic switch that preceeds the ignition switch? Can the wiring be bypassed to check the starter without damaging it?

Michael M.
Wiring diagram on the way to your email address. Check the FAQ's above to trouble shoot your Cub.

Michael M. Hope this helps.
20108.jpg

BTW, you can buy a complete wiring harness from one of the sponsors above... IMHO, it is much better to spend the money on one. I put a new one in a 125 that a friend of mine has, and it was so much better than buying all the wire, the terminal ends, measuring wires, etc. The only bad thing about buying a wire harness is that they will run about 75 bucks. Look around, prices vary.

Thanks, digger it looks like the one in the add kinda a rough tringular shape but I'm sure sand would be the correct thing for it to,just wanted to make sure I wasn't supposed to hang weights in it somehow. If I can ever figure it out I'll post some pics. The setup is pretty neat it is a whole unit with a tractor length subframe and wheel spacers for the rear. The tractor is useless for anything else though because to take it on and off is a major project.

"Yup" $75 bucks
eek.gif
is what I spent on my 124 harness last winter from local IH dealer. But it was well worth it.

Thanks again Digger, I am downloading now.
crash.gif

Shawn L.
I'd go with weights like the "The Apostle" said, you could load it up with suitcase weights and or weight lifting plates. That way you could leave them all year. The sand would get wet, freeze and maybe pop the welds on the box.

Jeff R. -

Hmm - out of print hardcover first edition vs reprint softcover. Kinda like NOS vs repro...

Personally, I like the price of checking it out of the local library even better.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back