• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 01, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
A few more:

297802.jpg

297803.jpg

297804.jpg

297805.jpg

Earl LaMott

Those scratches might just look worse than they are.If you can get your finger nail to catch on the scratch then it is deep and should be re bored. I have an engine here that had some carbon scratching that once cleaned up there was no oil smoke or power loss that I could notice.Lugging the engine and using the tractor to long at lower RPM`S is what causes that carbon to build up.

That 125 for $1115? The inflation calculator puts that at $8258 in today's $. That's with no attachments!
happy.gif

As a comparison, I was at a local small engine shop today and was standing by a commercial grade Walker brand zero turn that had an MSRP of $10,199 but was on "sale" for $8,999.

So that 125 being the top of the line machine in its day is not to far of priced.

While this shop is not a cub dealer, most of the guys there know their cubs. I can walk in and say I'm looking for X for my cub 128 and they exactly what I'm looking for...

Honestly I don't shop there much but they are a loyal sponsor of PantherPulling and the only small engine shop I endorse.

99% of my cub parts come from the sponsors above.

Sweet pics of the brochures, Kraig! Now, the real question is how I can get fairway-quality cuts outta my cubs, too...

Serious Tech question- Is the new length of a K161 points plunger anywhere, or does anyone know it? I can't find that spec in my manuals and I bet that its the reason why I can't get my static timing right.

I like how the one add states " they are built so well they dont wear out and we have been building cubs for ten years and most are still running"

4 decades later they are still running,,,

I wonder what percentage of all ih cubs built are still running???

Earl LaMott: Your third photo caught my eye:

297827.jpg

I think your head gasket may have been leaking around the head bolt in the upper right. I believe an earlier responder reported that a leaking head gasket caused symptoms similar to your issues.

Like Donald, I'm not too worried about the cylinder wall, if it mic's out OK.

I also caught a glimpse of your key way in the crank shaft which didn't look very healthy; but I can't seem to retrieve the photo, or even view it again.
dunno.gif

Otherwise, I'm impressed by how good it looks; clean and well machined.

Lip-
I'm not sure if anyone answered your question, but when I had my 1450, I put a short piece of string around the back side of the "button" for the fuel shut off. Push in the button to shut off the fuel, pull on the string to open the fuel-valve. I can't remember where I tied the other end of the string, but I think it just went to something under the dash to keep it handy.

Great pic posts Kraig!!

I wish years ago I would have known about Cubs . Because I would have bought a 125 for sure . So my crapsman is still cutting grass since spring 96 with no problems . I do think Cubs are way better build but oil changes and maintenance will extend the life of any kind of equipment .

I picked this up recently in a parts lot.
Cub site list it is for the lift arm for a CW 36 It is even listed in my CPE-2,but it is red.It is 4"x6"

WTH is it?

297831.jpg

297832.jpg

Thanks Charlie! My plunger measures 1.250"
Thats some wear, it may give me enough adjustment room to get my points set right.

Lewis,

The parts lookup says CW-36 Snowthrower

31 IH-475611-R1 BRACKET, LIFT ROD | USED ONLY ON TRACTORS W/O SHIELD ON LIFT HANDLE-

Then they have another part shown as #31 W/ shield on the diagram and in the descriptions.

and you need the correct U-bolt to go with it.

Bill,

One main reason the Indy Engine Plant closed, when Ford when "In-House" with the 6.7L PSD IH was no longer making engines for the pickups. Most of engines that were produced in Indy went in Ford Pickups......

Latest posts

Back