• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 01, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stopped by my old friend and sponsor Rob Houtz's today. Saw a few goodies there.
226995.jpg

226996.jpg

I just picked up a 107 with a 46" deck. The mounts at the end of the carriage where the deck pins slide in to hold up the rear part of the deck seem about 3/4" inboard of the pin brackets. Might I have the wrong carriage. On my other Cubs the deck brackets were nearly flush. The pins do extent into the carriage holes but the 3/4" space makes the whole thing wobble. I hope I am making sense here.

Tom

Not sure what to say. I guess that why its been said a picture is worth a thousand words.

Jim, most of us would be shot if we had only 5 or 6 of them. I guess there are places that can handle multiple Cubs...but I'm happy with my single rider.

Hope I don't get shot!
Shotgun.gif
<--that's my wife looking for me. I'm up to 10 cubs now. Not bad, since i've only been fooling with cubs for a little over two years. That's five per year. Just bought another "O". Didn't someone say you could figure out the month a cub was made by the serial number?
1a_scratchhead.gif
I know it was made in 1961. (serial # 8317)

Does anyone know what a good compression reading would be for a 12 horse kohler in a 123? I just put a compression tester on it and it read about 18. It seems to run good, but I wanted to be sure it has good compression before I paint it.

Pretty sure it is a 46" It has the off set center pulley with the blade belts inside a cover as opposed to my 106 that had the pulley in the center and exposed blade belts. By the way the total space is about 2/3" on each side and the carriage bar that has the pin holes at the end is straight front to back. They are not slightly bent in as was my 106.
Thanks

Thomas has posted pictures that have taken me to Heaven! Just wish we had places like that in southern Kentucky. We have to go too 4 or more places just to find a few together.

KENtuckyKEN I have been told that on the compresson release, Kohler went to a hardened unit after a certain serial # and you cannot bend them. Is that correct?

BRANDON McCall - Nobody answered your question. YES, the camshaft in K241, 301, 321, & 341's (10,12,14,&16 hp) are all the same. The different cam is the K361, which was an over-head valve version of the K341 and was rated 18 HP. That cam still fits in the engines and it does give slightly longer duration but no increase in valve lift. Last I heard that cam was "NLA" but many pullers are using other sources now.

JEREMIAH - The 44 & 50 inch decks have that 1/4" thk steel plate to stiffen the spindle mounts but the way some get used that isn't enough. The early 38 & 42 inch decks had cast iron ends and a center pie-shaped piece that the spindles mounted in, the bearing bores were machined right into those castings. That really wasn't the answer since the steel deck stamping would twist or bend and throw the spindles out of alignment. Plus it made them really heavy.

My 38" deck on the 72 had cast iron spindle housings that bolted on and at least they were "Adjustable" with a hammer and dolly on their mounting surface when the spindles got out of alignement. The later model 38" deck that Dad got for the 70 had cast aluminum spindle housings for the ST745 bearings.

Had a good day in the shop yesterday. Pulled the K321 out of the 72 to rebuild the clutch & driveshaft. I guess I ran the throw-out bearing as long as I could. I'll try to post a picture later. When I installed the K321 I had Julian @ MWSC build the new driveshaft & clutch. I had the red spring, and even with the longer throw out arm it was really too hard to push the clutch in for a working tractor. Plus the longer arm made clutch & brake adjustment a pain. I went back to closer to stock parts. I only ever had ONE PD where I ever had any clutch slippage. Wyatt & I were up at Oconomowoc, WI for an IHCC Chapter #4 PD about 8 yrs ago and I was plowing sod about 9-10 inches deep and my little K241 was chugging but still pulling in 2nd gear. I was amazed I could get traction plowing that deep, the bottom of the rearend was dragging, I had to watch were I drove in the furrow to keep from high-centering the tractor!

Latest posts

Back