• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 01, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pretty nice 59P chipper/shreader went for $10.89 on ebay! DAMN, to bad it was in Virginia!

JEREMIAH - Deciding whether to replace the ST-745 sealed bearing with the same or the 759-3479/3293 cast aluminum type can be a tough call. The ST-745 from Charlie is a bargain at $68 if your stamped steel cup ($63) and cap ($18) is in good shape. As you have probably read in earlier postings, the cap can be hammered flat if needed. But if the holes are enlarged I think you have to replace them, otherwise the spindle will shimmy.

When I did my ST-745 repair last summer I got a used aluminum 759-3xxx spindle assembly for $50. Fortunately the bearings inside were in decent shape and the spindle wasn't galled. I recall that I polished the spindle and replaced the bearings and grease seals anyway. In the end this was economical for me because the ST-745 cap and cup were worn out.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif

spindle - pulley part numbers.pdf (84.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

DENNIS - I too use a washer between the blade and spindle housing/cup. All mine must be the 'friction' type, which appears to be some sort of fiber material.

HARRY - I'm in Rhode Island and just checked CraigsList - the Spirit of 76 tractor is gone. Oh well, I don't have room to store it anyway.

Roy N - it absolutely was there. Sorry you missed out. Room for storing? - heck, it's a lawn tractor - you could'a put a sky hook in your gararge and hung it from the ceiling - or what about covering it with an "ole blue tarp" and putting a log chain on it
happy.gif
Oh well, now you'll just have to go to all the parades in RI and see who got it.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die - they just find another resting place

Mike, was that 44 inch deck ever on the tractor since you had it. Dennis, in the last couple days mentioned he tried to put that deck under his 72 and never could get it.

Allen,

My wife Sharon and I have an understanding - for every horse she buys I buy another cub cadet. She has 5 now and is looking to buy another. I have 5 cub cadets, so it looks like I'll be purchasing another soon. The horses are the main reason I haven't had much cub time lately.

Tom,

I've never been to Houtz's but Brent was PDQ on PTO parts for my 122 (I needed the handle, rods and turnbuckle). Unfortunately I ran into a problem with the PTO when I went to engage the mower deck. Fortunately I had a spare PTO on hand.

227026.jpg

First of all, thanks for all the help you guys have given me in the past, you guys are really great when it comes to these old Cubs.
Now here's my newest problem, once in a while on my 126 K301, i've noticed that gas has been leaking out the carb and ending up on the bottom of the air filter, when I take the air filter off you can see the gas leaking from the opening of the carb. If I start the engine and let it run for a few minutes and shut it off the leak stops.
Now it's not a huge leak, maybe a drop every half hour. What's your thoughts guys ?
Happy 4th guys.

Dave - We'll send ya a bill in a couple of days.
227050.gif

Is the fuel shut off on the tank letting gas get past or do you have one or do you use it...

Next would be the float in the carb isn't shutting the needle off competely. Maybe a little grit in the needle seat or worn tip.

This is a photo of the carrier issue I am having w/my 108 w/a 44" deck.
Any views and help would be appreciated.
As you can see the pin brackets are way too wide. Wile I can get the pins in there too much room between the carrier and the bracket making the whole deck very unstable. Do I have the wrong carrier?
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back