• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 31, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry B,
The clutch plate moves freely when the clutch petal is locked down.
I am beginning to think it is the drive shaft, either to long or to big in diamater.
Will have to remove the engine and shave a bit off the end of the shaft.

William,
Pick up a brass washer and put that in there. If it wears out replace it.
thumbsup.gif

Hey ! thats me there, 3rd one from the bottom of the line. Bottom pic.

Can't hardly waite until I get back there and plow some more of that rich soil over.

(Message edited by lbuttke on February 01, 2005)

Thanks Bryan,
I dunno what freakin u-joints he gave me but the others with the same PN's dint work, so they musta been marked wrong or something, sigh!

OK, here's your big chance to get into the Cub Cadet parts biz. ebay item #4354456735
jawdrop.gif

Lonny on my 72 I had a problem similar to what you are discribing and mine turned out to be a bent drive shaft. Roger

Roger E Henning,
I hope it not a bent driveshaft, I just purchased it from one of the sponcers last fall. I was real carefull putting it together ans installing it in the tractor. I dont see any wobble in the shaft while it is turning as I drive the tractor.
I will be checking all possabilities out real soon as plow day has a way of sneaking up on a guy when he least exspects it.

Tom,
Looks like the cub delivery truck broke down in Chambersburg. The next thing you know the truck is empty and a local has an auction.
angel.gif

"Honest, I just say the parts laying on the side of the road Mr. Officer"

Lonny,
Take out the pilot bushing and see if it has any unusual wear patterns. It should be a loose fit on the shaft. Tape a piece of emery cloth sand paper to a drill bit. Put the drill bit in your drill press and polish the inside of the bushing. Also make sure the motor is straight in the frame when you reinstall.

If anybody out there has a 169 with a manual lift or knows of one that had a manual lift and was later converted to hydraulic, I would appreciate if you would Email me with the serial number. I'm trying to find out the timeframe that they installed the manual lifts. So far it is looking like the last month of production but I still have more I need to check out. My Email address is in my profile. Thanks.

25454.jpg

Richard-
Is that a PECO Vac?
If so, does your shute clog up all of the time?

Tyler
Yep thats a PECO vac. It works good, I haven't had any problem with clogging but then the grass is never wet when I mow it. I would like to build a trailer to put the discharge in as I don't care much about emptying the bag.

<font size="+2">ZZZZZZZZ</font><font size="+1">ZZZZZZZZ</font><font size="+0">ZZZZZZZZ</font><font size="-1">ZZZZZZZZ</font><font size="-2">ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz</font>

Richard- With mine the chute was terribly rough, so I sanded off the grass and crap and have applied a couple of layers of slip plate.

Question-Do I paint over the slip plate with regular, thicker paint? Can I do a layer system? Exsample-slip plate; thicker paint; slip plate; thicker paint; slip plate; thicker paint. Thank in advance Tyler

Bryan... you got that right... it's like we're on a Sealy!

What hell!
I have to post somethin from a freakin motel room in Lincoln Nebraska to see somethin on here! Geez!
angry.gif

BTW, It's still 58 freakin degrees down here, LOL

hey guys got a question I just bought a 682 cub when I got home I backed it off the truck on a bank but when I unloaded it the belt tensioner hit the tail gate and knocked the tensioner off so I put it back on and now the elctric PTO doesnt work. was wondering what it could be oh and I did stop on the way home and wash it.I just dont know what happened.any help would be appreciated
thanks

I hope that I'm not waking anybody up-
could somebody post some pictures of the rear mounted blade?

Tyler T,
Sorry, all I have on the laptop are the manuals, I'm sure Kraig will post good/real pics tomorrow.
Dang small keys!!!!!!!

(Message edited by cproctor on February 03, 2005)

Latest posts

Back