• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted N. WOW!! Six weeks after surgery. We'll pray for a speedy recovery. Take your time and start as Charlie P. stated. That is check all the linkage. You could havea bent and yet not totally sheared pin on the linkage. Since your tractor moves forward and reverse without any problems I'd get a set of gauges and check at the suggested places in the manual to make sure the implement relief spring is working properly.

Anthony T. Just my thoughts on "changing rearends". Get a set of gauges and check your 1650's output pressure as per the manaual. Yes, your linkage may be worn out out only it really isn't that expensive to rebuild the charge pump which is used to supply the lifting power for any attachments. If the check relief valves are worn out then if you wanted then simply take them from the 1250 pump and install them in the 1650'ss pump. If you've no leaks other than replacing the cork gasket and you can repair the loose linkage with the good linkage from the 1250, I'd do just that.

Also... how long do you let the tractor warm up before moving it in this cold environment where you live? A good hydro should be allowed to warm up at least fifteen to twenty seconds in the summer. This gives it a chance to get the oil moving within the system. In the cold of winter allow at least a good five to ten minutes for the oil to warm up before moving the hydro lever forward. You also speak of removing the oil/gunk from the 1650. If you can just get by until spring that would be great. Afterall... You've tolerated things halfway through winter so far. More than likely all that buildup is from the cork gasket being worn out and needing replacing. Having to move your lever to get movement sounds more like the loose/worn linkage problem and a simple trunion repair. Anyway that you view it ... you're going to have to face the mess at some point. AND I can tell you that to some people a rebuilt hydro can mean they replaced the cork gasket and possibly one or both of the check valves. They probably didn't take the time if not needed to actually take the entire pump apart. Again... Keep everyone posted on your progress.

Off to work until ten and then we are taking Fancy to the vet. He's been sneezing quite a bit and since is 12 1/2 kitty years, we figured he needs to see Dr. Kim this morning.

Take care and every have a wonderful weekend and be SAFE.
happy.gif

Doug B. - Next time you ask a stupid question a second time because your too lazy to look the answer up yourself, I will be to busy to respond along with most of the rest of the regular posters here.

Harry - I really wish you'd stop picking apart every Cub Cadet except your own on the forum. You must not have any idea how petty and dumb it makes you appear.

Denny,
Too funny!
bouncy.gif

Jeff,
Got the 169 and front blade ready? Oh wait, you might need your thrower.
whistling.gif
Calling for 10+ inches of snow for me across the river from ya. (I'll believe it when I have to move it). Keep warm and stay safe......

Josh ,,haha,,my blade will push the 10 to 12 inchs,,

WEll, I guess I'm ready. 3 Cubs w/blades and 2 w/throwers!!

Only 1 problem, I'll be lucky to get one other operator besides myself!! Well, at least I'll have some back-up!!

JEFF... NOPE, Just REALLY tired of people who can't think for themselves.

My Sister was Library Administrator at a college in MOLINE for 25 years till she retired last fall, also a Professor for an on-line course for University of WI - Madison for the last ten yrs, The University sought Her out. She says that today's kids are absolutely LOST if they can't punch something up in Google or Bing. And I guess we can add asking repeated questions on forums to that list.

I don't mind helping somebody out if they're having a problem, but just like Marlin's comment.... Give us as much info as you can. If your too lazy to look for yourself, PLEASE include that fact in your post so we can ignore it.

Dennis. easy there, sorry I wasted your time. I was kidding about being lazy. I truly didn't think about the manual section, I'll do better next time. But because of my question we did get to see some pics of some really nice cubs, and there was some nice interaction amongst the membership here. Well off to install some post production lights on the 123. Maybe I'll pressure wash all the cubs today just for Dennis.

Dennis, you ripped into Doug with the stupid question remark, Charlie has it in bold print at the top

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

you and Marlin need a chill pill

Latest posts

Back