Archive through January 30, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob, I keep putting off installing it because I keep thinking I'm going to have to tear it down for a major repair. It won't be an easy install as there's a battery and weights mounted on the back in the way of where the adjustment bracket goes.

220477.jpg

JEFF B. - Yes, I lived west of Freeport towards Pearl City.

Ahhhh It's more than 18 minutes between Rockford & Freeport. Is the State Police HQ still around Pecatonica? That strech of Rt 20 was notorious speed trap! Not a good place to be in a hurry!
Shift.gif

Dennis The ISP HQ is still there and still a troopers hunting ground but at 65 mph ( ok maybe 70) if you catch green lites its 23 minutes from Rockfords west boundry and Freeports east boundry I am 6 minute from Titan Tire.

now on topic to aviod
bottom.gif

Here is the rear weight I made for the 129
220480.jpg

This a large steam trap filled with old bolts and nuts. I was able to get this up to 82 pounds

JEFF - Ahhh Titan aka Kelly-Springfield. I only got out on that side of town occasionally.

I worked @ Thermos on Rt 75. Only way to get to work was go thru downtown with all those crazy one-way's & lights. Think it was seven miles and took 20 minutes most days.

Freeport was a VERY interesting town!

Really interesting rear weight! Must be LOTS of nuts & bolts in it to weigh 82#. Nice and compact!

582 carb problem, Not sure whats difficult on these I did mine with no issues. You can pull the top off the carb without removing it. If you pull the top you will be able to see whats in the bowl, often telling you whats needed to fix. The B&S twin is a fine engine, mine runs great and has good power. The motor is very smooth and starts fine in the cold. I had to replace the oil seal when I bought the machine, however it sat for 3 years never run. The entire tranny was filled with water. Once I replaced the rear fired up the motor, fixed the oil leak and have plowed every DAM day since. I am loving the fact that this tractor is a great worker just getting sick of snow.

This day started out using my 450 snow blower and then I got my order from Charlie at http://www.ccspecialties.org/. It was great now that I got parts for the 125,149 and my 1512. It was great that he slipped in something extra for me . Much appreciated . Thanks for now.

220486.jpg

Wayne-

It might be a 'fine' engine, but not fine to work on. I've worked on a lot of small engines...that twin briggs is the biggest PITA out of any of them to work on. The carb is unnecessarily complex and if you want to clean/rebuild it the right way (as in completely) you have to remove it (and the intake manifold) from the tractor. In fact, to access almost anything on the top of the engine, you have to remove the carb and manifold. The breather assemblies are serviced as a unit and do not have replaceable parts. Briggs made everything such that you have to make a bunch of special tools to fix parts of it. To get at most parts of the engine, several tight, ill-fitting shields must be removed, and if you want the flywheel shroud off, the engine must be pulled. The charging system is a bit anemic, and the starter is not only less fun to remove than a KT-17/M18 starter, it has several plastic pieces and several large vent holes that allow it to collect massive amounts of dirt and junk that make it get really noisy.

I don't want to sound like I'm relentlessly bashing this engine, but after having one and having experienced all of these things...I'm not impressed. There easier to fix, more thought-out engines out there, that's for sure.

DONALD - I think you need to hire a FULL TIME mechanic to install all those new parts Charlie keeps shipping you!

Kraig, You will even like the spring assist with the mower deck. I mow a lot off lawn, and lift the deck momentarily to clear some rough spots I set the spring so that the deck stays down on its own, hardly requires any effort to hold it up for a few feet/yards.

How well will a 782 handle a 54" plow, pushing snow? An extra foot would save some time.

Latest posts

Back