• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is eny one fear going to Grand Rapids Michigan for the IH winter convention Feb 25,6,7.

DAVE R. - With those Monster bales from the 55T four high was plenty. Straw was normally a 50-60# bale, good alfalfa hay was normally 70-80# bales. We'd run a center row down the top on Our rack sometimes baling farther from the barn. Depending on if We had a spare tractor to run the bale elevator (the JD B didn't count!) We'd start dropping bales into the elevator from the center top of the rack, anything more than four high and they'd bounce out of the elevator chute and onto the ground. If We could keep the haul-in tractor hooked to the rack then We could start at the front of the rack and pull it up a bit while unloading.
Running the bale elevator would have been a great job for a CC, low HP requirement, just needed something small and smooth running. Lots of people ran bale elevators with fractional HP elec. motors but We didn't have power to the back barn. It would have been an unecessary fire hazard.

MIKE M. - My Chap. #4 has hosted a coupe IH Winter conventions. It's a good thing to see. I'm not going this year but recommend it to anyone who can.

Dennis F.
Ummmmm,
bottom.gif

Don't make me bring the rod out!

Dennis, Mabey there is a standard bale size but I don't know what it would have been. Thrower bales were narrower and shorter than regular. Yes, the bale elevator would've been a good job for a cub.
Charlie,
whistling.gif

CHARLIE - I mentioned CC's! Don't You have one of those frt PTO's for a CC? I'd need one for a NF.

DAVE - At the risk of being
explotar2jr.gif
, No such thing as a std. bale size. And the BIG IH balers made the biggest small square bales.

FRANK C. - You aren't spray painting by your furnace are you? Paint fumes and furnace flames could be a problem!

Charlie:
Suppose he's gonna run a mini-baler with it????
coffee.gif

Dennis: Not spraying, brushing. I've found this lazy susan to be a big help to Lazy Frank for painting rims.
184859.jpg
biggrin.gif

Id like to hear more on the winter IH gathering in GR.
ALSO still would like to know if any one has built ther own rear lift arm for a wide frame?

Latest posts

Back