Archive through January 30, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
KRAIG - On the BIG full size FARMALL hydro's to do a fluid/filter change You'd need to use most of a SECOND drum of Hy-tran that size. I can't find My H186 operator's manual right now but I seem to remember they held 50 gallons.

Good thing Hy-tran is cheaper in Bulk.

One comment about Hy-tran, With the way it "globs-up" when it exceeds it's water retention point it IS a good idea to change the fluid & filter regularly.

Tristan, sounds like a weak or broken spring inside the lift arm.

Myron,

Thanks for the reply.

Before i do that. is there a why that i can jump the starter selonoid.

The negative feed from the batter grounds to a bolt directly under the starter generator. is this where it should be grounded?

Kraig, is there an exploded view that shows the assembly of the lift arm and the spring? I saw one the other day that had just the handle part but if anyone has one of the bottom part that would be great.

Tristan, click on the "Parts Lookup" button above and enter in 129 as the model, then select 129 from the list that shows up and you can access all sorts of exploded parts views.

Tristan,

Go to the colorful boxes above and select the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup. Then enter your 129 in the Model, select the 129 and then look at the Implement Handle & Connections. I think that will give you the exploded parts diagram you are looking for.
happy.gif

Denny, Yep, I sure wouldn't mind having a full drum of Hy-Tran though, just glad I don't need one.

114016.jpg

Doug V: Without a photo, I believe your ground is probably in the right place. When the cold causes low amperage (no starts), there is usually a bad/corroded connection somewhere causing more impedance in the circuit than the batttery can overcome. I recommend that you check all connections, including all ground connections. You may have an underperforming battery also. Remember, IH also sold battery warmers to help solve this problem. 3d party sources often sold block heaters. Electrons are somewhat akin to syrup where cold is concerned...The colder the temperature, the slower the movement....therefore <u>any</u> impedance will kill your starting ...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com

Doug V., the ground should be <font color="ff0000">--></font>here, (see red arrow in photo below.)

114018.jpg

Everett/Bruce-

Let's get some terminology clear here, as there seems to be a bit of a mix up...The driveshaft needs a coiled spring pin (also referred to as a 'spirol' pin, which I think is a brand name) and <u>NOT</u> a roll pin, which is nowhere near as strong as a spirol pin. The clutch/brake pedal rockshaft and lift rockshaft use roll pins, and the driveshaft uses spirol pins (and one of those hardened steel pins at the front if it's a pre-QL hydro).

Thanks Kraig and Myron. I'll muck around with it again tonight.

I am grounded properly according to the picture below. I'll make sure to clean up the contacts and try again!

Kraig, Denny...I am constantly amused by the niggling over 7 qts of HyTran (or CC equiv). See below that takes:

Reservoir = 26 Gallons (yeah, gallons!)
Chain drives = 7 1/2 qts x 2 = 15 Qts
Filter = 1 qt

Some arithmetic will getcha 120 quarts every change out!! 30 Gallons....go ahead and complain about 7 li'l ole quarts...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com
114023.jpg

Myron, that wouldn't be too bad if you could get 1970 pricing.

114026.jpg

114027.jpg

I was driving yesterday and spotted A 1250 cub cadet. Stopped and they wanted to get rid of it for 100. Went back today and got it and they started loading parts and they gave me a tiller, turning plow, front blade. Also has front hydraulics.
114029.jpg

Another view. (i hope) not to good at this picture thing.
114036.jpg

114037.jpg

Luthor ~ Nice find!! That must be the equivelent of finding a muscle car stashed away in an old barn right?? Was there anything seriously wrong with the 1250?? It just goes to show how true the "one mans garbage is another mans gold" saying really is!!

Kraig; They said they stopped using it because they couldn't find a gas tank for it. I checked it and the hose from the tank was bad and stopped up. Said it ran and worked good???????
Luther

Latest posts

Back