• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Don T.

16hp Kohlers are prone to cam slap when idled down. Since the cam is driven with a helical gear, sudden changes in crank rotation (like the lope in a 16hp at idle) can load and unload the cam gear (end to end) and make it slap the block at the end of the crank. This slap sounds just like a small knock.

The check is fairly easy, pull the cam cover and check end play with a dial indicator, if it's over the spec., Kohler makes .005" and .010" shims to bring it back (but you have to pull the cam to add them).

My 13 fin 16hp knocked like a SOB after a fresh rebuild...shop that assembled the shortblock after boring left out a shim."

Thanks, that answers some questions that I had.
happy.gif

No load high rev on your 181 is spec'd @ 3780. Com'on, open that puppy up!!!!!!!!!!& hang on

I know RTFM. i stand corrected. but i hate that high idle lol Thanks Steve,Ken,Tod, Everett and ayta you all have been a big help. i think i`ll mike it just to be sure but i don`t idle my Cubs very high i will need a tack for setting them up. thanks again
bash.gif

well you all will shoot me with my 129 and a electronic TAC , its ideling at 550 and starts great with no knock lol

ok how do you all set the high end rev when the trotel cable only gets about 1450 on my 129?

Don T, I don't have a big enough gun to reach all the way up there! Wouldn't shoot ya anyway!

My 128 has been tac"less" for 36 years. It probably is set too low at idle, I like the tune at idle by ear approach. Now the sights are set on me

"Manual" shows low & high idle screws on the carb on 108, 128, 129, 149 & 169 models

Boy, you are tough. By ear, huh??? Most folks would use a screwdriver. Just an idea....lol

hello all. This is my first time posting here. Question (and i hope i am not violating any rules): I want to put a loader on the front of my 129. I found a website called Cadplans where i can by plans and they will direct me to suppliers for parts, but are there other options? Is there a pre-dominant manufacturer/supplier that i should look at? Thanks for the help
Fred.

Buck
lol.gif
Yea by ear. First I put the screwdriver on the adjusting screw. Second, the other end of the screwdriver goes in my ear. Then I pick the cub up and spin it in either direction til it sounds good!

Welcome, Fred S. I don't but someone here will have an answer to your loader Q.

i`am not going to post the 129 again till after i paint and put on the decals lol

Don T, looks good as is. But, yeller and white for a xx8/xx9 looks best
ihrotate.gif

Don T - The tractor looks fine and I'm jealous of anyone with a loader. But what really caught my eye are the HUGE trees in the background. They make that white church on the horizon look like a miniature!
roflol.gif
(Sometimes I crack myself up!)
rofl.gif

Lip-
Thanks alot buddy! I was stuffing my face full of Cheez-its as I was reading your post.

Now they're all over my screen!!
explotar2jr.gif

Latest posts

Back