Archive through January 29, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, i have a question,,,,,,i know where i can get a cub cadet 71,,,all complete,,,is it worth it?, its in unrunable condition and id tow it home with another tractor,,,,are they valueable at all?

PS. Sorry, I couldn't get my wife to take any shots of me in action. It's still snowing and around 20 degrees. I did leave the cub running for the pics though.

We got about 4-5 inches here. Took the 123 out this morning to plow my driveway and my mom's. Now I'm thinking I should have also gone over to the church and plow that driveway and parking lot....I need to hook up my headlights on the 123 so I can do some night plowing.

Got my original out and plowed snow of my driveway and my granparents driveway. The thorough out berring colar fell of twice
took me forever to find it in 6 inches of
snow!!!!!!! I put a hose clamp on the end
of the shaft to keep this from hapining.

Got me a 147
184792.jpg
KABOOM!!!!!

wayne, that looks like a piece of a 147. Wheres the rest of it?
clown.gif

Does this count as a "Look wht followed me home"? Needed something to load and unload the cubs and new steel parts. Came across this for $600 and it runs like a champ. No brakes, should be an easy fix. Look its already carrying a pile of pooey out the the dumpster! LOL

184799.jpg

184800.jpg

184801.jpg

184802.jpg

The rest of the 147 is OK. Her original drive hub slot was worn to side 1/16". Everything looks like she was hardly used and the poriginal paint is still nice. Both sides of the motor are blown out. You can see right through! .Im just amazed by what those gears do .

Marty, You can get 2' x 4' sheets of clear plexiglass at like home depot and bolt to the blade with carriage bolts. Bottom against the top of the wear bar. I did this to my 104 back in 96 and it worked sweet. It takes some effort and creativity to get the curve bolted . I I used the 1/4" thick stuff. I remember hitting third and it was just shooting wet snow out the side like powder.
I sold it , and havent did that since but I am going to again.

Latest posts

Back