• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig -

Nice fix! And my old pin still fits for quick disassembly.
25376.jpg

<font color="aa00aa"><font face="arial,helvetica"></font>Hi, I'm new to the board. I just got back my old Cub Cadet that I used on my horse farm over 10 years ago. I have a love/hate relationship with this tractor. From the serial # it is from 67, 127? I think. It's a "hydra drive?". Anyway, to cut to the chase, it's a bear to start in the cold. My car is sitting outside and the cub cadet is parked in in the garage, so that I can fire up the kerosene heater and warm it up so it will start. I don't remember having this problem when I had it before. Is this normal? Is there an engine block heater that can be used? Any help would sure be appreciated. When it's running, it's great. It's my little workhorse around the farm and I use it for pulling the small manure spreader I have, plowing snow, etc. My son did a good job of restoring and fixing it up so it looks great. I just want it to start when it's cold!!<font color="aa00aa"><font face="arial,helvetica"></font></font></font>

I have a problem with my 1968 model 124 cub.The driveshaft spins fine, but the rear wheels won't turn,unless i push down on the clutch/brake pedal approx half way to a certain position. i have no brakes and the brake lever adjusting screw is in all the way. I need support in repair manuels,whats wrong , and how to approach the problem. I repaired the driveshaft a few years ago and all spring pins are o.k. the rear wheels attemt to move in all gears when i put the clutch pedal in just the right spot.I am willing to call any one by phone, thanks bill

I'm trying to squeeze a K301 into my 104, but first i have a few questions. One, will this motor even fit between the 104's narrow frame? Second the motor I've rebuilt is a stationary unit with an engine mounted starter, and i was wondering how to wire the internal stator to the cub. I also need help determining the stator used on the motor becuase of the many variations used. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bill sounds like one of your driveshaft pins sheared.

Cody; if you built a wide base engine it won't fit. hieght and width are way off.
25390.jpg

theres 3 blocks in the pic, the cub base block is very hard to make out on the right. but the one on the left is very common.it won't fit without alot of work done to the block or frame. the center block is a John Deere block. it can be modifyed pretty easy

Robbin,
How old is the battery? They usually don't last longer then 3 or 4 years.
Does it spin over slow even when jump starting? Then the battery cables need to be cleaned on both ens of each cable.
If it spins fast enough but just doesn't start then its probably an ignition problem. File the points, replace then plug, and re-time the points.

The S/n on my 38"Deck is 382U1113. I am looking for Decals for this deck that I believe came on my 149.
I bought some decals on ebay and got burned, Faded after a year or so.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Herb

C.D.

No, but if you check the sponser links I think the 1x2/3 style are being repro'ed.

Bryan, Tom, good to hear that the u-joints from McMaster-Carr worked for your snowthrowers. Bryan, did you have to bend that hair pin clip to make it fit or was it flexible enough to snap in?

Kraig -

It was more than flexible enough. It's the bigger 1/8" pin from the Hillman aisle...

I suppose it'd make it easier to install/remove if one machined a groove, but it isn't really necessary.

"Loose" snowthrower chutes -

Just remembered what I did to "tighten" things up and keep the chute from turning on its own.

Notice that there's a spring on the rotator gear shaft. Stick a washer or two in there to increase the pressure. That'll make it stay in place. I've got 3 washers on my QA42A.

Those with QAxx's will have to jam washers between the universal and the spring, those with QAxxA's will put washers between the cotter pin and the spring (cuz the shaft is longer to clear wide frames).

Well , it has been over a year since i have posted anything, Hope everyone is well. I have been traveling abroad quite a bit. Well I have a question for some of you veterans. (Veterans of cub cadets that is) I am having a problem with my 1200. It seems as though it starts up great one time and not the next. I have change plugs, plug wires, points and checked for shorts. But it is driving me crazy as to why I completely loose my spark. I noticed that when it is not starting I don't have voltage going to the coil. Any ideas whould be greatly apprciated. I am ready to pull my hair out. Thanks in advance. Rob.

Bryan, the hairpin clips I had on hand were too stiff to flex for insertion into the thick u-joint housing so I went with the cotter pin. On the chute rotator tension, there's one washer in there from the factory, at least there is on my QA42.
25399.jpg

No room for more photos on this page.......

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on January 31, 2005)

Latest posts

Back