• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or how about...

76293.jpg

You guys are killin' me over here...
biggrin.gif

William-
The spindles I put on my Original (the one that Rick B decorated so nicely with the "chick magnet") were from an old boat trailer axle.

The center of the axle was rusted out, but the spindles were fine. I just lopped them off with a cut-off saw and had them welded to the cut off end of my original's spindle.

Does anyone know if a Farmall Cub PTO assembly (rear shaft) will fit a 126 cub cadet?

I really want a rear PTO, but they seem kind of rare. I've found a Farmall PTO and have heard that it may fit.. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin, yes they do fit. I put one in my CCO but you will need to find the correct input shaft or make one as I am doing. You will also need to find the correct Shift lever for your app.

Hey guys, I sandblastin the "tins" for my K301 today. Anyone have thoughts on leaving the cylinder head unpainted? I think that it would help with cooling if it were left bare just my $.02

I've seen alot of heads left blasted. Some motorcycle mechanics I knew told me on the the air cooled bikes the head and jug are painted black because the black pulls heat from the cylinder better than if they were raw aluminum. These were the mechanics we raced with so I trusted they wouldn't set me wrong. Just my opinion though.

Todd, I'll probably get some heat for this (no pun intended) but I like Plasti Cote and Eastwood's cast finish paint for these. Yes, there is some insulation value to the paint, but that does not equal having lots of dirt or mouse nest in there.
I think it is easier to blow out the dirt, because it fills in some the "clingy" porosity. Most folks will probably tell you different. Just my opinion.

I reread your post, I am refering to the cast iron fins on your block. I'd leave your Aluminum head bare.

Only 1/2 off topic..CCC1204...but it has a transaxle.
happy.gif

your_image.gif

Back