• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben, reminds me of a story my dad told me: Back in the 60's my dad and his brothers tried to buy 40 acres in northern Wisconsin for a hunting property nearby to where they were leasing property. The 40 was surrounded by thousands of acres of county forest land. The lady that owned it said she didn't want to sell it because her son wanted it and turned down their rather generous offers. A few years later they found out she had passed away and the son immediately sold the 40 to a paper company (that then clear cut it) for a fraction of what my dad and his brothers offered.
bash.gif
All turned out OK though, as we now have an even nicer 40 acres less then a mile away from that 40. My parents bought it in the mid 80's. It has a spring on it and a nice mixture of tree varieties and terrain.
proud.gif
In the late 90's we had the cabin moved from the leased property and then made some nice improvements to it. Oh and to keep this on topic when we re-roofed the cabin I had the #2 125 up there to haul shingles.

76062.jpg

76063.jpg

I can feel your guys pain, its only 57 here today and you need a jacket.
coffee.gif
A good day to sit by the fire and have a hot drink.

To All,

Could use some help on making sure I buy the right pulley and belt for placing a #1 tiller on a 582. The existing pulley on the gear box and belt are for another tractor. Using the existing gear box pulley for dimensions I have tracked down in Mc Master Carr the following part# for the pulley #6568K33. In cubfac.com.belt4 it lists a belt to be used that is 154" 5/16 long, 21/32" wide. Mc Master Carr has a belt, trade size B152, part # 6187K261 with a outer circle of 155". The next size up is a belt trade, B154, part # 6187K242 with a outer circle of 157". Not sure about the outer circle dimension listed and it's relationship to the 154" 5/16 long listed in the cubfac. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Arvin

Tom, that'll be one big shop. I'm also getting ready to move and the place has a newly built 24' x 32' shop. I just need to run power to it. My two cubs are going to look pretty small in there. I need to have flourecent lights and heat in it but not sure what to use for heat?

I have a 682 that has 2 flex couplers on each end of the driveshaft. Is this correct, or should there only be one disk on each end? Thanks!

can anyone tell me where i can get info on the dissasembly of a clutch off an Original?

Kendall
If your into your motor get rid of the grenade gears
I was told buy a Cub mechanic that IH sent a recall for any cubs with them to have them removed

Every once and a while the big brown truck brings some really cool stuff.
I'd never seen a Brand New NOS Axle before, Much less 2 at once!
thumbsup_old.gif

76099.jpg

Timothy, It's funny you ask.

I just did a clutch...

First tool you will need is a wood splitter.

76102.jpg

E-mail me and I'll send you a link for a good exploded view.

Tom R.
40x40 Schweeet! I could probably fill that with junk in a couple of months. As for equipment, I would want a welder, a nice large steel welding/fabrication table, set of torches, drill press, some type of arbor press, nice aqueous parts cleaner, sand blasting cabinet, motorcycle lift (for Cubs), Bridgeport, also enclose a small area for painting. If you have any room after all that, I could probably think of more. Brian L

David Gallagher. You said that an oil plug is now $25.00 for Kohlers. Do you mean the bottom drain plug? I just looked one up for my 125 out of curiosity and it is #KH-25-139-57-S PLUG-HEX HEAD PIPE at $1.61.

Ben P. Corn. DON'T give up on that Cub Cadet. Keep going back from time to time. Ask about the tractor. Listen to their stories and tell some of your own experiences with the Cub. They have to learn/know/feel that the Cub is going to a good loving home. It takes patience.

Look what I just paid for a bulb
76105.gif

If the wind din't blow I'd use a candle ;)

Marlin H: The oil plug, KH-X-708-1 for the 1X9 series is listed for 28.00. For the 125 it is 1.69. I don't understand as I think they are the same plug. Maybe someone smarter than I can explain.

Buck;108's ain't worth throwing away!Leave it buy the road,and I'll pick it up on my next trip west!
Wide frames rule!
beerchug.gif

I love winter and especially love all the time I get to spend on my 149 with a 54" blade plowing out the neighborhood....I got to do it twice today as we got a really good shot of Lake Effect.

But, I was wondering...has anyone put "wings" on their snowplow or otherwise modified it to be able to push more or "stack" snow much like the loaders do in the Big parking lots......

I'v been plowing the grassy area in front of my neighbors pole barn where she parks...About 200 feet long by 100 feet wide..I like to push the snow as far back as possible {so I don't run out of room in case we really get socked} but it takes too long 54" at a time....
Just throwing this out to see if someone has made a cool modifacation....

Back