• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digger: I was pricing it on the CC Eletronic Parts Catalog. Are the SRP's lower than that?

Kurt,

Yes, I have made just such a modification......

76107.jpg

David G.
The prices I quoted were direct from MTD/CCC, individual dealers can raise or lower the SRP as they choose.
rolleyes.gif

Arvin F,

The B152 belt is the correct one you'll need to drive the gearbox for an IH rear mounted tiller on an 82 series. I had a B154 and it would work but it was a little too long and I had to put a spacer on the mule drive adjusting rod to get proper tension.

The lower pulley will need be changed to accomodate the wider 5/8" B152 belt. This is a rather unique pulley as the hub has be ~2" long so the pulley is down far enough to clear the lower part of the gearbox mounting plate. Hub inside diameter is .75" with 3/16 key slot and 2" height. Pulley outside diameter is 5" for 5/8" wide belt. IH part number is 135-554-C1. They are no longer available from CC but the sponsors above still have them available.

Guys, RE: oil plugs. Wasnt there a short discussion a while back that some oil plugs were pipe thread but some were straight machine thread? Which might account(?) for the price difference.

Pbradley:
Not me - (I'm already unbalanced and my 129's got a low hour black motor - I'll roll the dice and wait a little longer before I pop the pan..). I was just reflecting on the recurring discussions on Kohler balance gears that Jim might want to search on..

Marlin, Myron, Charlie, KentucK: you ever see a recall notice on K motor balance gears from IH??

Allen: Ummm, if putting a shoulder on a plug and running straight threads rather than tapered are worth $23.00, I know a guy with a machine shop ready to start makin' them....

Ron,

Thanks for the information. I'll see if one of the sponsers have a pully available.

VR/
Arvin

Kurt R. I use a 2X12 and use C-Clamps, just clamp it to the blade and go. Depending on the snow depth, is how long your board is. 2-3" of snow use 8-10 footer. More snow shorter board. Long board works good for clean up.
ihrotate.gif

I got all of the remaining parts today to assemble the 128's clutch.
76113.jpg

I used the service manual method for sevicing my clutch pages 2-19 through 2-23, 2-24 (clutch adj.) will occur when the clutch is installed.
76114.jpg

Kentuck, that Bud was meant for you but I got thirsty!
beerchug.gif

The vise method of clutch repair worked great, but it also required some repainting
New clutch disc,teaser spring, throwout lever, T/O bearing
76115.jpg

Latest posts

Back