• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adonohue

displayname
andrew dononhue
could that L terminal on my regulator be for some type of optional lighting circuit? L-lighting? that is the only thing i can thing of

Cubs and kids

Before letting you kids use the Cub with the QA 42A thrower, make sure they understand when they hear the loud squeaking noise, they should stop. Something isn't working the way it should. By the time I got his attention, the belt was toast.
bash.gif
Maybe I should let them stay with the blades. LOL

Paul-

Nylon locking nuts should work just fine. The jam nuts work fine if tightened well. I got a 7/16" wrench and ground the sides down to the size of the jam nut thickness. This is for easier access to the inside nut when tightening. The wrench is now dedicated to this one job and works fine. Any wrench is fine for the outside nut but this wrench stays with my pto rebuild stuff. The jam nut system should work for you unless you just want to try the nylon. It's worked for me many times and still is.

My .02 worth...good luck!

Andrew...go up top and use the SEARCH function. put in >L terminal<
You'll find many references for that
Seems to mean 'lights or load' as you figured

Wayne Shytle

I might have done the wrong thing but the last PTO I did I added a little blue locktite to the threads. I had my PTO working great till it came out of adjustment and one finger got loose . I`am testing the blue and see how that will work. my .02

Paul-

I would use the two metal jam nuts. I have never had them loosen and fall off. The nylon insert may melt in the nylock nuts from the engine's heat.

Let me give you guys a tip on using nylon/nylock nuts on the back of mechanical PTO's.
It will melt if everything is not perfectly setup and will still get soft from the heat generated.
The next time your mowing or throwing snow and you shut your tractor off, feel the PTO. But be prepared to pull your hand away QUICK!
I've had many send me PTO's to rebuild with nylock nuts that came loose.
If you want to the one nut route, go with the crimp style. Just my 3 cents on the deal.

That makes sense about the nylon melting. I guess stover nuts would work but I have always just used the two jam nuts myself. Stover nuts are EXPENSIVE!

Don T.- I have no idea as to whether lock tite would be useful here or not. I guess it would work but the jam nuts will stay if torqued right after adjusting the spring.

Thanks Charlie and Matt.....still learning here.

Thanks for the information about the nylock nuts on a PTO. I will stick with the two nut system.

I almost bought a cheap wrench set today, to grind a thin one. I usually ignore the cheap things in the discount rack by the cashier, but I was thinking of this as I left Lowes..

Rod I see your showing us those nice moving tractors again.
roflol.gif

Tom, their small and pulling a banner, and must be a hydro as fast as they are moving.

Rod; nope still didn,t work send them to Kraig...or you can keep trying as we got about 32 more post before the new page starts
bouncy.gif

Latest posts

Back