• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 22, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carey - You're probably right ... Cubs don't jump rattle (death rattle) vibrate jerk lurch like a shot deer.

Back on my exhaust elbow that I took off yesterday ... the port is also internally threaded.

Guys - I sealed the inside of My fuel cell on My 72 with Eastwood's tank sealer KIT and I was NOT impressed. Now I see they offer POR 15 which is what I've heard good reports about. Also on rusty tanks....the bigger 8 qt tanks are actually three soldered together sections and it takes REAL small media to get into the one outboard section....the holes into that section are only maybe 1/4" square. If You don't clean THAT section You still have crude in Your tank. That exact reason is why the 72 has a fuel cell now. Easier to build new than repair old. Plus the cell holds 3 gal. instead of two.

I recently aquired a 1974 green tractor (JD 140) that needs a tank resto. Only thing is that the tank has a baffle made into it that I can't get media into. The liquid part is no problem but to get the media into the baffled area would be difficult. I put some 1/4-20 nuts and some gas into it and shook the snot out of it and removed a large quantity of garbage but it's not as clean as I think it should be. I'm considering the Eastwood tank resto kit.

Carey

Gee, Ken. I knew someone would say to look in the FAQ, so I did... I missed the link at the top that says to check out Charlie's FAQ.

I've now add that to my bookmarks/favorites.

The steps in the FAQ may be simpler than the Noisy Dryer, or Strapped to a Wheel methods so I will try that first. Plus I have the materials alreay.

Paul, who is Ken?
dunno.gif
roflol.gif

KentucK - I actually have used the rotisserie on Cushman tanks and Briggs tanks, but the 129 hasn't needed it. If it did, I'd go borrow the neighbor's M and lash the 129 to the wheel..
bubbly.gif

Kraig - not me

Chris
Check your head for warping using a piece of glass and a feeler gauge to see if it is. Run a thread die over all the bolts and a tap threw all holes to make sure theres no carbon build up or that the bolts have stretched use a torque wrench if you don't you take a chance on stripping out the threads bad news. And if you don't clean the threads you will get a false torque reading that will become loose after it warms up then its time for another gasket
follow the book as to what sequence to torgue them at and you should not have a problem after that.

Kendell, I've been called names before but to be called Ken, that's going too far!
angry.gif
75998.gif

Kraig and Ken, Please accept my apology! Can I blame this on Dyslexia? It is too big a goof to blame on bad typing. I guess it all comes down to not paying attention.

Thanks for all the great information.

Paul, no problem, it gave me a great opportunity to pick on KENtucky.
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back