• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 19, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lew- Thanks for the answer. I was reading along where the IH Cub Cadet model 72 was among the garden tractor series which required holes to be drilled into the frame to adapt a hydraulic pump. I for one, have a pump which I plan to adapt to my 1x4/5 series tractor. That means the narrow frame modification came after serial number 218009 and began with 218010, in November of 1967.

For hyd. lift I'd drill the holes in ANY frame!!!!!

Would it be OK to use two wheel spacers on each side to keep chains from hitting. That would be 1/2 inch instead of 1/4.

266710.jpg

Keith O - I don't think it would hurt at all. You're just bumping the width out a bit - not like you are putting dual wheels on the tractor. I'd say - go for it.

Keith, as long as your wheel bolts are long enough you should be OK. I've seen people add 3" or so wide spacers for use with a loader to add stability.

274777.jpg

A littler more on cost but much better if your looking for chains to clear.
1/4" isn't much to add, but I have had guys add 2 or 3 sets of the 1/4" to get what they needed.
274779.jpg

Charlie - that's a pretty slickery spacer! So if you put one of those on and use a 8.50 width wheel vs a 10.50 width, would your outside dimension be similar to a 10.50 width wheel without any spacer? What I'm thinkin' is that it's a win-win, you clear the chains, but also get a wider rear track from a stability standpoint. Question is - would it be compatible with a mowing deck's rear wheels or would they're be interference. Nice looking spacer!

Agreed it can be done properly. But in my tiny world, that has a fairly high standard. Even a nice 1" hole cut with a hole saw would be border FOR ME. Drilling the spot welds would be the only route in my shop.

Just beating the horse here...

Let's say, hypothetically, I had the first IHCC 100 (which I seen pictures of on here I think) and it was all shiny and nice, but the rear pin goes out. How would you guys say "go ahead, cut it up" be reacting if I was going to cut the tunnel cover with my 4" cut off saw?

I'd Probably get death threats... For cutting up such an "original, special" tractor. That's how treat all my cubs, whether it came off the line first, last or somewhere in the middle. I work hard to make it right.

But let's not forget, I'm a puller. I've cut up plenty of sheet metal. BUT only tractors past the point of return... Or anything made by MTD/CCC.

Nic, I believe that 100 (aka Spot) now belongs to Craig Carney. It used to belong to Tedd Ill. The exchange was made at Blunier's Plow Day V4.0. Here it is on Tedd's trailer.

282846.jpg

Charlie, I'm gonna try two sets and maybe I can leave them on when I put the cutting deck back on.

Latest posts

Back