• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 19, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,
Great pics! Going to try that pulley tomorrow. My 42a is tight. If it grenades, we got a couple more!!
25142.jpg

Tom H,
Interesting note on the provenance of the Mars light. Never knew it was invented in the Chi region.

Neil,
Saw strobe lights in the Northern Cat. But before I order I thought this would give me a good excuse to visit the new Harbor Freight outlet this weekend.
proud.gif

Kraig:
Dumb question # 1,035: How'd ya wire the strobe? I'm thinking just to use alligator clips on the battery terminals. The ones in Northern come as a unit that plugs into the cigarette light which my 124 doesn't have. (Guess that would give me an excuse to install one. . .) but I don't need more work on tractors until the weather breaks.

All:
Speaking of weather, the bunnies on TV this morning predicted 6-12" for the Chi region. (Gov: That means 12" in Barrington and 6 " in Cedar Lake).
beerchug.gif

Charlie,

Yes, that is correct, 149 = headlights 100% of the time from the factory.

Rich,
That demonstrator pic appears to have the later 44" deck and hanger. Were is the pic from??

Ray, that's on my #2 125, the one I bought used. The strobe was on it when I bought it. The electrical system on it has been, shall we say "altered". It has as full size auto battery mounted out back. so there is no battery in the stock position. I've never checked to see exactly where the PO tapped in for power. I will say that they did have it hard wired to the lights so if the lights were on the strobe was on. It was owned by a large corporation and they only used it in the winter so the cab was never removed. I had to add a connector in the wiring so that I could remove the cab. When I did this I also added a switch that I mounted inside the cab, the lights still have to be on for the strobe to be on but the strobe doesn't come on with the lights. Here is a poor photo taken from the back of the cab, you can see the switch through the clowdy rear window.

25147.jpg

I'm gonna side with Ken and say that the pic Rich posted is of the 500,000 Cub, probably at a farm show.

A true "demonstrator" (no official models sanctioned AFAIK) would have had the early 48" deck as Marcus mentioned.

From the archives, here's the photo of the 500,000th Cub Cadet.
25151.jpg

In case you can't read that caption it says:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

This 1974 display shows off the 500,000th lawn and garden tractor built. The company's first such machine, the Cub Cadet, was first built in 1961.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

thanx Charlie...

remember though:

It's better to fling grease than to fling poo!!
joker.gif

Well, I shredded up what I think was the OEM belt on the 123 after I put the "new" QA42 on it, thought that the pulleys were lined up pretty well but I guess I really need to get the old straight edge out.....wanted to replace it anyway as it was in tough shape. Is there an online source to look at, or can someone please email me the installation/adjustment specs or diagrams on a NF QA42 blower? I sure would appreciate it. Thanks for your help once again.

Jeff,

My earlier quote:
Oh, one more thing.....
If all else fails you can push the reset button. Its located next to the flywheel on the shaft side.

This is my attempt at humor. I'll blame the quality of that humor on my computer!
destroy.gif

Since we are on snow throwers again... I've been experiancing throat plug up in my QA42A thrower with my 782. I know that rust might be the factor behind it but could it be the 3 fingers that are on the open part of the shoot? or even the heat blowing on it off the engine or a combination of the two? It usually happens when there isn't much going though the thrower.

Jim

Scott "T",
Not necessarily! If you have a neighbor with a big dog that wonders off from time to time, Charlie's "Super Thrower" would be a wonderful thing!
biggrin.gif

Jim,
I'd say it's the exhaust blowin' on the shut. You need to get/make a deflector.

Latest posts

Back