• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 17, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
David Q., why yes, yes I do.
happy.gif

319114.jpg

319115.jpg

Here's some photos that might be helpful:

319116.jpg

319117.jpg

319118.jpg

And a drawing from a parts manual:

319119.jpg

Oops - been gone a day or so, see I put some bad info about the blue trim on the 122.. Apparently the few I've ever seen had been redone (not too unusual, I'm guessing) and they had used piping.. Ah well - see, ya just can't trust anything on the 'net
bottom.gif

BTW, your comment about rarely using the float control; I've posted my solution some place - after I got tired of fighting it, I brazed in all the sector "teeth", ground it smooth, leaving just the "up" one to lock the lift up. Never missed the ability to lock the blade or other implements in any position other than up.

Kraig, I knew you had it! That's all I need to scrounge the shop & fab up a reasonable facsimile.

Gerry, that makes perfect sense to me and my application. Float & up! Thank you both!!

David

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos:

REALLY!!! I can't hardly believe it. All the IH attachments are really designed to be used in the float position. Using them in the locked position can cause damage to the lift arm detents, damage to the gauge wheels on decks, crack the deck housing, damage the dozer blade, and lots of other things.

I suppose there are a lot of guys on here that will disagree but I always floated all my CC's attachments.

Frank you ole F - you really saw me coming? All the way up there in Maine?

Harry,

My comment to the everything is supposed to be used in float comment....

The float lockout pin has been in Dad's 149 since at least 1978, and in my 1450 since 2007. Both have been used with every attachment we have. Never had an issues of damage with the pin installed.

Hydro, yes the manuals state to use the float setting, however never had any damage to either the mower deck or the snowthrower. Couldn't use the float setting on the QA42 snowthrower with the gravel driveway at the farm growing up or it would throw gravel into the yard. I still can't use it at my house because I also have a gravel driveway. Prefer to set it just above the gravel an inch or two and vary it as I go. If I set the lift stop to keep the snowthrower above the gravel and used float per the manual, I couldn't lower it beyond the lift stop for those areas where the ground drops away along the edge of the driveway or other uneven areas around the yard that I clear and would leave too much snow. I think we may have used the float on the mower deck up until it broke sometime back in the late 1970's, by then my younger brothers were mowing and I was off having fun.
proud.gif

Scott and Kraig - well to each his own. I think you've both been kinda lucky. The mowing decks will raise slightly because of the slots in the adjusting pins, but not a whole lot. If you happen to run one gauge wheel on a high area that raises that side of the deck as much as possible you're putting pressure on the deck housing where the wheel is attached and I've seen lots of decks cracked at that point. Same type thing goes for the other attachments. If the attachment is locked in place and can't raise up do to an obstacle - well something has to give - it could be the sub-frame, the lift arms under the tractor, the attachment, or the obstacle itself.

Kraig,

Those pics go way back.....2001????

Steve, the date stamp on them from when I archived them is July 2001. Where did your 100 end up?

Steve, that's right, I even knew that but forgot.
blush.gif
facepalm.gif
Dang CRS...
old.gif

Kraig: I think in your case it's CRE (can't remember everything).
happy.gif

Found it on FB.

They make it possible for you to hook a lawn sweeper directly to the back of a bathtub rider instead of using the hitch. A rear bumper is needed to hook these brackets onto.

Charlie, wow, that must have taken some digging to find out what those brackets were for. I guess that's how you got your username.
happy.gif

I can't take credit for finding out what those were. All I did was find the manual and part number info afterward.
thumbsup.gif

I did find out that we're missing the combination #1 and #2 Sweeper manual for the manuals section. I thought I had it.

Latest posts

Back