Archive through January 17, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Embarrassing moment.....

283086.jpg

Sorry Cath! But, it was Frank saying it was true.

M-M also loves to be "in contact" with you when he wants to sleep with you. Sometimes I'll wake up in bed with him breathing in my ear!

oopsie..sorry about that, me getting names mixed up ..I use to do that in the PAST?

Hey Frankie..how are you?

Oh Wayne, those were really cute pics of Lynda. She looks so regal being a laptop girl..lol..it looks like she has a HUGE smile.

Mike..doesnt that tickle the dickens out of you with MM breathin in your ear? the kids whiskers are what get to me when they are snuggling face to face..lol

the cartoon...oh my goodness..guess the kitty showed how to stick it and casually walk away as though it had nothing to do with the doggies

I've noticed hannah has a nighttime routine. when we go to bed. She comes sits by me, does this HUGE Yawn, then lays down and then washes her front paws before she gets all snuggled in as close as she can be. Fancy also has to always wash his front paws when he comes and snuggles with me. What is with washing the feet before cuddling? lol

cath

I can deal with the whiskers usually.. it's when I'm awakened and he's setting on my shoulder and staring down at me and then exhales into my ear that drives me bonkers!

Well, it snowed about 1 1/2-2 inches last night so this morning I decided to see where Barney has been going. I could track him easily in the fresh snow. He's been going off and staying for a few hours ignoring my calls and he knows it pisses me off. Anyway, I followed his tracks due east into a clump of woods. I had to kill the power to the fencer because he just walks right under the fence. I came to an area where he went into some thicket right outside the electric fencing. After my hat was knocked off a couple of times I started wondering what I had gotten into. The thicket was on an inside corner of the pasture fence. Barney went in about 30 feet and popped out through the fence back into the pasture then started running back towards the house. The 30 feet was nothing for him. He didn't go that far but the 30 feet of thicket was just a bunch of fun for me in 18* weather.

He was back at the house when I returned.

Lynda got her first taste of snow this am too. She didn't know what to think after she ran about 10 feet and got under the car. She started howling like she was in pain as she would just touch the snow but I knew it was just her wanting me to come get her which I didn't. She eventually braved the snow and is asleep now.

Graygirl's funny. As soon as she comes in from outside she bee lines to get underneath the wood stove. If there's another cat there they know what's coming and they get out quick. Then after a few minutes Graygirl will come over to me on her way from the stove and her back will be hot. She's cat napping as well right now.

I've learned that if a cat is stalking or even watching a bird or some type of potential prey you can call all you want and you will simply be ignored.

Just rambling again now...

Wayne, sounds like Barney is just hunting in that thicket. My Tots does the same thing, she will disappear and ignore any calls when I finally do find her she is returning from the tall grass in the field usually with a mouse in her mouth. She is getting stir crazy from the cold snowy weather. Last night she was running wildly around the house and climbing the wood clad support posts in the loft/hallway.

Fun time with sacks.
Carolyn caught these guys horsin' around today. Cuddles was in the sack makin a lot of racket, so Pumpkin had to come check it out. B'J just watches.

It's a wonder she didn't come charging out of there and smack him one!!

283234.jpg

283235.jpg

283236.jpg

Kraig-

Does Tots stay gone for 4 or 5 hours at a time? Yesterday I let them all out at daybreak and Barney just disappears. I called a couple of times over the next few hours but knew he wasn't going to respond. I went to the grocery store and there was no Barney when I returned. About an hour later I noticed Barney following a possum. I opened the door to call him (as well as laugh) and he eventually came to the door. That nut probably had been following that possum for a while thinking it was the biggest rat he'd ever seen. I think they came up from the pond bed west of the house and the ole guy kept to his eastward trek across the cow pasture. It is unusual to see opossums in the middle of the day.

Barney is looking out the door at Millie and Lynda this morning. He will be a house cat today at least for a good while. I'm hoping to screw up his timing or something and help him forget whatever it is he does and change his routine a bit. And then, I may be wee weeing in the wind as I've been known to do trying to figure out cats. Why can't cats follow you around like dogs??? They're too darn independent.

I don't mind any of the guys going into the woods as long as they don't stay there all day. In the recent snow we had I saw a few "dog" (coyote) tracks as I walked around so they come around at night.

Cute pics of Pumpkin surveying the goings on in the mysertious sac,...lol. Looks like BJ is just going to watch all the goings on..which don't seem to be much in chase and capture..lol. Pumplins look was like, ok..whats in the sack and why are you doing what your doing? do you have a mouse in there Cuddles? hahaha..

Wayne , WHY dont kitties follow you around...cuz you aren't one of the pride..hahaha. Barney certainly has you frustrated. I had to laugh at your SHERLOCK duties, following his tracks in the snow. At lesat you found out where he went. Oh, possums during the day make me nervous, since they are nocturnal. Sure wouldnt want Barney to decide to pick a fight or play, as those possum teeth are vicious. I think he's just curious and hope it stays that way. Good to keep him in for awhile, but dont know if that will detour what he was doing..he'll just do it again when he goes out.haha. Kitties have a mind of their own, so you just have to play head puma? you know how? I dont either..so I just let them be who they are and for the most part..they are as set to please me as any dog ever did. Fancy will follow you around the yard..or you can follow him. Course with his being so fat..it is a slow trek. He is so depressed with this unworldy COLD. we dont hate much, or use that word, but I am sick and tired of the cold..so cold he can't even go and power walk, BUT every day when daddy gets home from work, he takes Fanc for a ride, so that picks his spirits up when he cal tool around in the truck with dad and count squirrels they see. He acts bummed out if they go and they see thing.

oh Kraig..I got tickled to hear that Tots was running around like a crazy kitty with cabin fever..that HAD to be cute to watch her blow off the dust bunnines shes been coleccting..hahaha

well finially roto rooter will be to open up the plumbing in a few soon.. sigh. Can't wait til all is flowing again.

cath

Wayne, this time of year she doesn't stay out very long but in the spring, summer and fall she will disappear for hours at a time, especially at night. She has stayed out all night on numerous occasions which worries me to no end but she is always there by the door come morning.

Latest posts

Back