• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang - me thinks I struck a nerve and inadvertently may have scrapped the scab off the great hydro vs GD debate...
fan.gif

Probably ought to hold off on the quick questions about externally mounting the fuel tank off the back fender behind the seat, using an electric fuel pump to get gas to the engine and putting the battery under the seat so as to maximize the service space around the engine and behind the steering wheel.

In my own defense, I have never asked a question about green paint...
whistling.gif

Bill

I will post a picture in the morning from my shop confuser of the plate the PO installed before I bought the 102. I think it does look neat and when I realized why I was thank full. The Cub is a worker and never will be a show tractor ; but it was done with some good taste in mind.

Harry

I have a few that won`t make the 100 pointer list; but I try to make them work and look the best I can . If the only mod I do is to cut the hole as mentioned , that Cub could still be repaired if some one wanted a 100 point original. I`am glad to see you post ; I thought you had abandon us .
ihrotate.gif

Just a question, that fancy little fitting you guys have shown before for filling tubes - where did you get it? The one that attached to a garden hose and then to a valve stem. Or is there other styles out there used to fill tubes?
Looked at TSC (Canadian version of Tractor Supply) and couldn't find it or anything close that would work.

MIKE P. - If you're referring to the "Tire BONG", they're all home made from PVC plumbing tube and various plumbing and tire inflation fittings.

I think Wyatt Compton made the first one and we tried it out in my shop 9-10 yrs ago. We shot 10 gal of WWF into tires in maybe a half hour. Wyatt was blowing it in the tires as fast as I could grab and open the gallon jugs.

A search for "Tire Bong" should get you the list of materials needed.

HARRY - I had the occasion to run my old 129 for a short time without the center frame cover on it years ago. I was always amazed how stiff and rigid the WF was in torsion compared to all the NF's I'd run. But without that center cover only held on by four little screws the WF was a twisty or worse than the NF's.

I don't think I'd ever think of cutting a hole in the frame of ANY of my CC's.

BILL J. - Kraig has a CC, think it's his #2 125 with a rear mounted battery, and I've seen frt mounted gas tanks on CC's, and IH on their BIG tractor's, the 86 & 88 series used rear mounted fuel tamks, so the idea has been used.

Using green paint COULD get you banned from posting any more questions depending on the shade of green.

CHARLIE - The first pic you posted @ 7:30 AM is what all my "Official IH FARMALL tire books" show. The nice thing with that style is you can get more than a valve stem level, 75% fill. But all my books say 90% is the most you should go or risk a tire "rupture" when the tire goes over a bump and the volume of the inside of the tire decreases and the pressure inside the tire goes to the MOON.

When Dad & I put the new tires on the back of my now #1 snow mover we just used a drill powered pump and some old lengths of garden hose to pump the CaCl in & out. Each tire held about 50 gal. of fluid so a clean 55 gal. barrel held the solution. Without the fancy high pressure pumps the tire trucks & shops use, took an hour or two to pump the fluid out and back in. Took two days to install the new tires with fluid what with the other farm work required. Without playing with the fluid I could have had the old tires off and new tires on in an hour per tire. The drill powered pump was ruined after the project.

I didn't like what 55+ yrs of CaCl had done to the rear rims of that tractor so replaced the inner tubes 2-1/2 yrs ago and sand blasted & repainted the rims. A few rust pits are still visible around the valve stems.

For the small GT rear tires Wyatt's Tire Bong worked really well.

Bill J

As promised a picture of my NF with a plate to cover over where the cut out has been made to the tunnel . I think it was a good idea and made it easy to work on the drive shaft.

266674.jpg

Notice the plate under the shifter knob.

Donald T. That is enough to bring tears to a true Cub Cadet person. (Sorry, but I've seen way too many previous owner modifications over the years.)

Latest posts

Back