• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goin to bed befor digger finds out where I live.
destroy.gif

Ken - lookin good there with the ingenuity but I got a question - doesn't the pedal stick back to far to get your foot on it without getting tangled up in under it and what about the pedal angle as the blade raises ? ok 2 q's ;)

I have and electric lift off a Allis Chalmers tractor that is very similar to the elect lift on a 147. Was wondering about putting it on a push blade for changing the angle, has anyone done that sort of thing here yet and if so how did it work out?

KenTucky

I just took a close look at the photo that Ken Mchone posted.
It looks like the foot control lever rises and lowers with the lift rod, it looks like that is where it is attached to.
But I do have to agree with you, it does look like the foot pedal is a bit to far back, but than again looks can be deciveing.

Lonny - since he's in bed I can talk about it but it's just between you and I, ok? He has the rod sliding through a tube section and eye bolt mounted to the lift rod. When he lifts the blade the pedal will tilt down slightly toward his foot and pin him down and he can't jump off real quick and run in the house to get a cup of coffee. That's when I show up and drink the whole pot ! It is a neat little time saver and even safer than dismounting and going to the front of a running machine. He's going to need to buy a lot of coffee though
coffee.gif

Ken - how much does the pedal move, about 2" ?

Don't give him a fat head, he'll charge me when I go up for a visit!

Mornin' all

Kentuck ,and lonnie,I made the pedal set up my self and took a long time getting it to be comfortable,your right it does travel with the lift arm and moves about 2in. and is spring loaded,I have small feet"8 1/2" and the pedal doesnt get in the way at all,I tried every kind of posistion before I welded it together,I wish I had hyrolic lift on it though it would be sweeter. kenny m.

Thanks robert my head is still little,my wife says I have got a bean head"lol". kenny m.

Ken - there ya go thinking about yourself instead of making it comfortable for your guest ;) I've got a 12" boot.
You wouldn't really take that out of the garage and get it dirty would you??

Back