• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheinsohn

displayname
Wes Heinsohn
Can anyone tell my how the hour meter is wired on a 169? All the wiring diagrams I have found do not show this. My 169 has some of the wiring a little mixed up and I would like to get it fixed before I install an engine in the frame. Thanks.

O-K Guys.... Who's going to 'Fess Up"??? I caught the last few minutes of US Farm Report this AM with Orion Samuelson and He had the BIG PIC of the line of Cub Cadets plowing up hill at Travis's last fall. He didn't give any details, just said the PD took place in Iowa. Great Job anyhow getting US some National TV Exposure! Orion made mention of how much We all think of our IH Cub Cadets. And "They" say there's No truth on Televison anymore!
Just a bit of snow & sleet here in south central WI this AM. I may get some seat time on the 72 today!

Denny-
I caught that too. Maybe someone can send Max Armstrong or Orion Samuelson a link to the pictures, or let them see some footage.

Both broadcasters are big IH fans, both run IH equipment on tractor rides and in '75 started the US Farm Report program on WGN sponsored originally by International Harvester.

Max is a member of the International Harvester Collector Club and member of the local Chapter #2 of Northern Illinois, of which I'm a part of. I talk to him often in person and via email. I did send him some pix/links of the Plow Day, but am not going to take the credit for the TV spot because Max is a very nice guy and isn't too big to talk to the "Every day Joe" (like me). It could have been many who should take credit here.

If you guys were at the Red Power show in Penfield, IL, Max did some of the "Color Coments" during the parade. He also showed his Super "H" and "M" I believe. Last fall Orion Samuelson's 'Ol F-20 had a makeover, so now he's "In the Red" again!!

I didn't catch it but will have to see if there is a re-broadcast of that episode. Was it a very long piece, or just a clip?

TOM - It was just a still shot of the whole line-up of Cub Cadets plowing uphill. It was on maybe 10-15 seconds while Orion talked about "Those Cub Cadet Collectors and their Plow day in Iowa"
I've got the picture of MAX standing next to His Super M and Super H on His Parent's farm up in My office at work, along with Wilson Gatewood's 1468 signed calendar pic, that sharp 1206 that gets posted on RPM's forum every month or two, and a couple other pic's. I SO WISH Max's Super H was a Stage II because Ertl would have made one then for the Sandwich, IL. RPRU several years ago.

Tom,
Max and I grew up together and are classmates. A few weeks ago he mentioned you had talked to him about the Iowa Plow Day at Travis' and I told him I was on the forum, gave him the links, and got picture files and permission for him to use them. Thanks to Steve and Monica Blunier for the pictures! I slept in so I missed this mornings show, but hope to get a tape. Max is quite a guy - a big supporter of IH Collectors, antique tractor shows, and agriculture in general. With the recent publicity and his love of agriculture, we might try to get Max to a plow day with his photographer - just might get some tape on TV!

Charles,

I missed it, but it sounds like a great promo job.

(Remember to send a copy of that tape my way when you get it
happy.gif
)

Looks like RFD-TV replays the farm report at 3:00PM CST..........

I'll have a tape in and see if I can catch it.

Spent this morning putting new points in the 169. Every time I set points I just used a feeler gauge since the timing hole that should be there isn't. Ended up going all out and finding TDC, marking and measuring out 20 degrees. Found out that my old "super advanced" timing at 0.025" was only about 21.5 degrees.

Also found out that the engine still has the "STD" piston in it and the cylinder wall looks good. ALSO found out that my head gasket was leaking just a little.

15186.jpg

15187.jpg

I pulled off what's left of the old muffler too . . . . safe to say I'm going to have to get a new muffler.

Also -
Is it normal for points to just contact on a small portion like this?
15189.jpg

Wyatt,

This is typical on high time breaker points. Your condenser could have been marginal, causing this to occur sooner than normal. Looks like you need a PointsSaver!

By the way, you're photography is excellent.

Wyatt: I am curious as to how you measured the 20 d. and the 21.5 d. I don't think the vertical travel of the piston is linear to the crank rotation(I don't know) so you can say that 20 d. of travel would be 1/9 of the stroke or did you measure it out some other way?

Was out hunting parts for my 70 and come across a set of inner wheel weights. They were in 2 pcs. to facilitate removal without removing wheel. They were on 12x8 cub wheels. Does anyone know if they will work on 12x6 wheels and who would you figure was the maker?

I have recently fabricated a 3-point hitch lift bar (that goes from the lift lever to the hitch)for a 106 and guessed at the dimensions.
Can anybody give me the measurements of this bar, included the distance between the hole centers? If anyone has a picture or any information it will be appreciated.

I posted the follow message a few minutes ago that read as follows:

I have recently fabricated a 3-point hitch lift bar (that goes from the lift lever to the hitch)for a 106 and guessed at the dimensions.
Can anybody give me the measurements of this bar, included the distance between the hole centers? If anyone has a picture or any information it will be appreciated.

The model no. should have been 108. It seems I need help for more than just the tractor.

William-
With a little trig, measuring the diameter of the s/g pulley and the distance from my TDC mark and the point where the points close, you can figure the degrees that the points open.

Mr. Kirk-
THanks, doing this stuff is giving me a good chance to see what my new Cannon dig. camera can do. I found that I have a "closeup" setting that I can get good pictures of small parts.

Latest posts

Back