• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caught the 3:00 version of the Farm Report....nice little blurp!!!!!

Needed a strobe on the 1250 in a hurry.
your_image.gif

Three is a charm. File says 49 kb forum says 50.5 kb something needs to be calibrated.
your_image.gif

Wyatt:
Look at the other half of the set of points and you will see a valley opposite the mountain. This what happens when points reach the end of useful life. Can use an ignition file to square the points up but they will soon be back to the same thing. The arc will always travel from the sharpest point and this causes the build up.

If you try and set the points with a feeler gauge, you will get an incorrect gap due to this build up.

This is a common problem with points after a period of time.

When cars had points, I would have stacks of points all looking like the pic you posted.

Many things can start the build up, time, points chatter(at higher RPM's points will not contact parallel), misaligned(both surfaces not registered correctly), spring tension wears down, etc.

It's workin' for me.

Had some wrench time today on my nephews 1944 Dear John "B". Sorry, still like working on the 'Ol F series best!

Frank-
What puzzles me is that the points are fairly low hours, seems to me that they only had about 30 or so hours on them. Maybe that Points Saver that Dave Kirk came up with might be somthing worth investing in.

Hello,havent posted here in a loooong time but I found a 1650 I couldnt live without,dual hydraulics and a tiller, the engine has a knock when it warms up or gets a load on it. The previous owner rebuilt the engine and got fed up with it, I think the cam timing is off a tooth, I had the identical problem with another kohler. I'll find out soon enuff when I get it apart. I'll try to post some pics.
wave.gif
lurking.gif
ihrotate.gif
proud.gif

since kohler went to those smaller diameter condensers on some systoms we've started running 2 condensers. I think the capacity is smaller than the larger old style ones nputting them closer to marginal.

so Art, did you get the tractor & engine to go with that pull start tag?
happy.gif

Okay, I think I figured out how Art got the rest of that slant-grille so far under the snow. It must have been very muddy when he buried it trying to pull the boat, then the snow fell on top of it. Maybe next time if he hooked the tow rope to the REAR of the tractor, and took the chocks away from the boat trailer wheels....

John-
Yep, I got the whole engine and tractor to go with the "T-tag"!

Charlie-
If I show up to the WFM Spring Break this year, I'll bring a rope and show you that I know how to operate it!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back