• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... and walking sticks ... er ... dead horse beaters ;)
75467.jpg

The neighbor down the road from the old man thought the black locust would make good fence posts too. A year after he moved from the city (you can see where this is headed) he cut a bunch down to make a pasture. Not knowing any better he planted them in the ground strung the wire and set the cattle out to pasture. After the spring rains had gone for the season he notice the posts sprouting leaves. The dang things were still green enough to take root and grow. To this day the fence line is a nice green color all summer as is the hill that the "weeds" took over as well. I thought he was full of it untill the few dad had became a few acres. How do you kill the damn stuff?

Dean; The best way i have found to get rid of them is spray the small ones.Cut the big ones down and paint the stump with full strength Roundup.They are a nuisance, but make good firewood.
Henri; Where in the tree and how long should the screw be?

I'd say the diameter of the screw should be slightly larger than that of the tree..
coffee.gif

I had a locust come up along property line. I cut, sprayed with roundup, used bleach, nothing!! Started putting up sprouts in pasture next door. Lightning hit it and saved me! Total kill. Amyone have a solution on killing Bradford Pears on sprouting?

Luther, we always went about a foot up and used about a 3" brass screw, kills'em dead every time, put one in now and come spring it'll be deader than hell. Friend of mines' dad cleared out around 40 trees at his place at the lake that way( the corps of engineers will only allow the felling of dead trees below the red line)

Kendell, drive on over to the hardware store and pick up the longest brass screw they have, drive back home, get out your cordless drill and drive that brass screw into your favorite shade tree,then come spring tell if I'm right or not.

Deader than a brass tree screw !

Now Henri you spect us to believe dat ?
Sounds like something them boys south of us would try on a city feller
clown.gif

Latest posts

Back