• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 12, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlarubina

displayname
Mike Larubina
help! can't seem to get my cub going ran fine two weeks ago,went to start it no go, maybe 20 sec died.went to start it again turns over fine check spark had it. check fuel had that put my finger over spark plug hole seems ok but won't have a gauge till tues when i return to work. but pulled the head every thing looks fine.valves move up and down nice.put it back togather and all i get is a big back fire out of the exhaust once in a while not all the time.pulled the carb every thing looks ok.check the ignition switch did not see anyting wrong,but had a new one so i installed that.still no changei even change the points & condeser, anybody have a answer

does the valve timming ever jump on these engines it seems like the timing off the only problem is i can't see how the timing can jump with gears.i did even change the push rod for the points

Mike J,
The valves are open center. I'm pretty sure on a super Gt everything is plumbed in series. I believe the fluid flows to the power steering first.

Mike:

Try another coil and condensor. THe coil may have a short in it allowing it to fire outside but when it is under pressure the plug will not fire due to reduced voltage.

Coils that short internally will show incorrect resistance. I forget what it is supposed to be, maybe somebody else will post it. If it is not close than the coil is toast.

You may want to check the compression to make sure there is not a tiny hole in the head.

Charlie Mc.

I went to buy an electric lift. Bought it, but attached to it was a 147 complete. Deal was better than the 59M with the 129 attached.
That makes 20 in stock now and some more to come.

Frank i will give that a try have what should the compression be about

Mike Jackson-

Todd is correct. On the SUPER GTs it goes straight from the pump to PS valve, then to lift valves, and then return to pump.

Ya know, I really thinks there's laws against this crap in Minnesota!!!
15105.jpg

F... me, umm.... hey Travis if my parents sell their Cub dealership someday I'll need another source for cub parts...buddy.....you know I like you and all....

from the january 4 forum there is a 3 point made by richard christenson does anybody have his email add.?

Digger... Maybe Travis needs an after-burner or a scrubber on his exhaust!
happy.gif
I'd favor the after-burner! Think about the possibilities of that!!!

Mike,

RE: Hyd. and PS

There is a priority valve built into the power steering unit on the Cub Cadet PS set-ups. Flow is open center, in series, but the PS unit has priority over all other hyd. functions....it would suck to loose steering control just because you hit the lift lever at the wrong time....big OOPS.

Otherwise, everybody else is right, open center system running at 600-750psi max (deadheaded) out of the charge pump at 3600 rpm. Flow on the charge pump circuit is 2-4 gpm (as far as anybody can figure...probably closer to the 2 gpm end of things).

If you cna't find any used hyd. valves out of a parts tractor for your remotes, Surplus Supply out of Lincoln, NE stocks very slick little 5gpm valves in configurations up to 3 spools...FWIW

(Message edited by sblunier on January 12, 2004)

John,

More like a supercharger to up the air flow...don't think that the turbo is spinning up enough to give real usable boost...

Charlie, want me to leave it home????
lol.gif

John, Wyatt has an idea to get the turbo whirling a little faster ;-)

Latest posts

Back