• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 12, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Travis' defense, I did notice that he was nice enough to "back off" while some of us passed by the opposite furrow. Well, all of us who aren't moderators anyway...
wink.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on January 12, 2004)

Digger, Those flames would be great for night plowing!
happy.gif
Travis could light up the field for us! I remember plowing at night and grinding feed at night with our M and you could see the exhaust shooting flames and the muffler glowing orage in the dark. Pretty neat sight!

STEVE - Little propane or some NO2 perhaps? That little diesel doesn't stand a chance! Good thing they're durable!

Travis - Feel free to bring the smoker on up to Nick's for Spring Tillage Day. Maybe we can get Robb and Mike to take it for a spin!!

Hugh, both Robb and Mike were at PDV6.

Art, I noticed that Travis was backing off to let people pass too. He even backed off for Bryan, it just doesn't look that way in the 'screen capture' that Charlie posted.

Charlie, do you have those video clips posted to a website yet?

Why does Travis's tractor only smoke when He's running it? Pic Ken posted with Dee driving there's not even a whisp of smoke...And She's obviously rolling along pretty good clip.

Time once again for "what's wrong with this photo?" Here's photo #1.

15116.jpg

Thanks to Frank M. for lending me the brochure where the photo came from.

#1 Dee is plowing in that sand up "Nort" der. That was Spring Break '03.

and B, Travis seems to have a nervous twitch in his hydro control arm. Very erratic speed control... good thing that's not a planting tractor!

Kraig,
I'm workin on it, and THANKS for sending them too.

On the what's wrong, I like the two style of fendersand that funky seat too.

Robb, yes, but Travis was able to get his Turbo Diesel to blow smoke while plowing in that sand. No comment on the "nervous twitch".

Charlie, yep, looks like the touch up artist at <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> didn't get the photo completed in time for the brochure printing.

Here's the second "what's wrong with this photo?", looks like the touch up artist had more time for this one.

15118.jpg

Kraig-

The tractor with the sprayer has a solid rear end (no "tunnel" in the frame), almost like a LT, and the seat has no springs.

Also, wheels appear out of proportion to fenders, or vice-versa.

(Message edited by rking on January 13, 2004)

Reflectors are at different levels.

Cutout for 3pt is 4/5 style on 6/7 fenders.

Looks like 2/3 grille with 4/5 hood.

How about that hytran fill/check point?

Boxed frame (?) at rear of tractor.

No spacing between seat and fenders.

Know where there is one of those sprayers!
Kraig, nothing like mix and match fenders.
Would think about the fogger kit on EBAY, NOS. Any idea what kind of DDT was used back then?

But can anybody answer the question as to why they have to retouch all the photos? Seems like a waste of time for a garden tractor photo, especially back in the 60's.

Not to mention that they usually just messed it up more than they helped it anyway....

Art-

We have additional information about the "future" models though. . consumers didn't know that the 104 in the photo had 106 fenders at the time.

Charlie- I did a double take on the lift handle as well!

Latest posts

Back