• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 11, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luther Ray Hinds

The 147 I have here has no electric lift. The po added a manual lift but did not finish the job.I will need to get the manual lift working so I can put a mower deck on it .I think the K has a lot of hrs on it because I could not get the valves to be quiet after a proper adjustment.I want to take the K out and have a look and see if it still has the balance gears in there and remove them before it makes a window.The 14 K has good power and don`t smoke so the bore must be good.

Lewis P

Thanks , I don`t have much luck here with seats lasting, they seem to come apart and I only get two years out of them before they split on the side.

Snow report. Its snowing here and the ground is white,YYYYYyeeeeeeeeeee Hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww.
I`am headed to the shop and remove the fluid from the 125 rear end and see what kind of shape its in. I will post a picture of the trunnion area. I can`t believe that there is no wear at all. I don`t think the 125 has the correct grill screen and need to find the correct screen. I have a friend that wants to buy the 125 but I don`t think I will want to sell it after I get it painted and back together.
old.gif

GRRRR , seems I made and error on my last order from CCS , I ordered the wrong Driveshaft flex coupling disc .
219549.jpg

I found a little slop in the Drive Shaft Coupler Arm and wonder if a small amount of play is ok?

219550.jpg

I see the big spring is nfg and will need to be replaced. I do have those parts here.

Kraig
1a_scratchhead.gif
a picture and no text ?

Don, a picture is worth a thousand words. However, because you asked, that filter is on a hydro that was from a 125 that I parted out many years ago. The frame, pedestal, steering column, steering wheel, fenders and seat support went to a gut that had a very large white pine fall on his 105 that was his father's. His father had bought the 105 new. The white pine was taken down by the same tornado that hit Siren, WI back in 2001. I still have the rest of the 125. The engine was sent to David Kirk and became the Killer Kohler that is currently in my #2 125.
happy.gif

126 Clutch Repair - Right when I thought I could put the clutch together I found another problem. The pin hole in the rear of the drive shaft and the pin hole in the reduction drive shaft are wallowed out, the coupler looks good. Bolts were through the coupler connection when I first dissasembled it and they were deformed. I looked up the shaft parts and saw the price, ouch,. I browsed the archives here to see what people do and now I have questions. Since the shaft holes won't hold a 1/4 in pin can I continue to use bolts until the connection fails and then replace the shafts or do I need to bite the bullet and replace the shafts now to avoid a potential catastrophic failure?. Thanks in advance for your help.

SYDNEY - I'd use Bolts. The hole problem on thre rear most hole on the drive shaft is common, with 10-12 Hp engines those holes only last so long for the repeated hammering. On 7-8 HP tractors they last forever. I've never actually had the short little drive pinion hole wallow out, but I did break one about 20 yrs ago and it was $67 back then.

The wallowed out holes will allow some additional backlash in the drive train but that doesn't really hurt anything.

I will keep the pictures coming . I drained the 125 rear end and did find some dirt but no water globs. I`am going to wash it out with brake clean and replace the gasket .

219553.jpg

Thanks! I bought it a block from my house at alittle tractor show. I plan to fix it up. You can see where they cut the frame and put a 14hp Kolher. 105 on steroids. LOL

Oneday I need to try my hand at painting. I'll probaby try my hand on my Original. Someone painted it red and white. I'll take pictures of it and my 70 when the weather is good and I'm at my brothers. They are stored in his barn.

I bough three Cub Cadets in the last two years. One I gave to my brother for a birthday present. My 105 and Original I'm keeping. I also have a 70. 105 is my first Hydro! I been wanting a hydro for awhile! Missed a 147 which I'm still kicking myself. Old Cub Cadets are starting to get hard to find.

Nice 147 Luther. Don't see many 147s here. Also great pictures of the 125 rear end work. I wish I had a heated shop so I could work on my 105. All I have is a small garage. I been moving stuff around so I can make room for my 105.
I been wanting to work . I'll have to hunt up a small heater.

Michael

Sydney S.-

Got a drill press? The driveshaft is just an $8 piece of cold-rolled steel with a couple 1/4" holes drilled in it. If that spirol pin hole is messed up, there is probably wear where the throwout bearing goes, so it should be replaced anyway.

Latest posts

Back