• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 10, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
Don use duck tape on your IH cub cadet like Charlie said, it worked for this guy.

293290.png

Harry,
They haven't done a new episode since 2005.
And the show ended in 2006, but they did show a Cub on one of them, LOL

My soft cab for my 122 could use some repair in some spots. Has anyone ever seen any of that material for sale anywhere? It is the oridgenal 1967 soft cab yeller.

I repared a leak in my pool liner;The glue would work under water.The pool guy gave me a piece of pool liner and I dove under and applied the patch and was suprised that the patch had no loose edges and had such strong bond :So I plan to reinforce the new hole I will have to make forthe chute controller.

That makes me ask what every one uses on a rip in a plastic window ???.

Also the side curtain seems to have faded colour on one side . Is there a product one should paint on to keepthe vinal in good shape ???

Dave S.,
That darn achive bug gotcha!
Jeff,
Atleast he coulda used black duct tape so it blended in................or did the whole tire and the other three to match.
lol.gif

So the battery in my 100 said no way at 6 degrees today so I went off to Wally World to get a new one. The helpful young man at the counter ask me for the year and make of my vehicle. I said 1964 Cub Cadet. At that point he started digging into his inch thick application book to find it.
err.gif
I suggested we just use the group number off the old battery. The good news was a new battery and a shot of ether got the old beast going.
293293.jpg

DON T., there is a clear vinyl tape sold in box stores that may work well. It's made by Frost King, find it in the winterizing dept.(weather stripping, plastic windows etc). It has a special adhesive that likes to stick in cold weather. Used it to seal up some air leaks in the house. Also a nice duct tape is called GORILLA tape. It's black in color and has a very agressive adhesive( as in you gonna work to get it off the roll!)
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-1-7-8-in-x-35-yds-Heavy-Duty-Duct-Tape-60035/100550069

Here is one for you guys that know a lot.

How do you tell the difference between a 169 and a 149 if there are no stickers on the tractor or engine? Is there a way to tell by the serial number?

Jim Storma

a 12 and 14 hp will have 9 head bolts and a 16 hp engineI think will have 10 head bolts.

Jim,
You can use the kind code in the serial number if the serial number tag's still there.
0047=149
0048=169

And Don's correct about the head bolts, ten for the K341. So if it still has the engine, that could help identify it, too.

Josh has the ONLY way to tell, and if the serial tag is missing there is NO way of telling for sure.

Engines can be changed quickly

All of the 149s have hydraulic lift. The 169s came with manual lift and could be converted to hydraulic lift by the dealer. If it has manual lift then it is a 169.

The 169s were supposed to be hydraulic lift. Due to a shortage of components some came from the factory hydraulic and some did not. Agreed that if manual most likely a 169.

Adam,
Some 169's came from the factory with hydraulic lifts. CC ran out during the production run and hence had manual lifts with ported hydros. The dealers could switch them over to hydro lift if the owner wanted it. They had a kit with a different spring and a few other parts to complete the swap. Can't remember every part in the kit off the top of my head. I bet Kraig or Denny may have a pic or remember what was in the kit. Dang CRS.
dizzy.gif

Under edit: Doug types faster than me.....

But the ONLY way to tell is the serial plate, I have all 1x9s and hydros and engines can be swapped in a couple of hours.

I have even found hydro towers and gear drive towers interchanged. And yes there is a way to tell the towers from hydros to GDs

Didn't all 169's come with the hour meter in the
side panel from the factory? Or was it an option?

Don T,
Try RV awning repair tape. Really thick, and awesome glue

Jim Storma: Why does Grasshopper ask?
happy.gif

While I'm here (like I don't check every day), remember the dissection Jeremiah did on the hour meter? Wondering if it would help Little Donnie if Jeremiah did the same with a voltage regulator.
happy.gif

Kendal, yes they did come with an hour meter and it was probaly the first item on 169s to go MIA

I think it has no bushings for the hydro lift handle or for the hydro control shaft

Nice looking 100 Brian.

Back