• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 10, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Kieth and others,
If you go to the parts lookup they have the model/chassis #'s listed there. According to the list you have a 1250 that someone dropped a 16hp. in.

251966.jpg

Guess I'll have to find another cub with the right parts in it. Just got the exuse I was looking to buy another one. This one runs too good and looks to good to repaint,decal and swap engines.

Keith - I'd have another good hard look at the 6th digit on your tag and make sure it's not a "7". I see the Hydraulic Lift and Lights on your tractor which would be optional on a 1250 but standard on a 1650. You should probably have a good look at your engine as well. Make sure the tag shows it as a K341AQS, and although it's a pain to remove the top tin, counting to see if you have 10 head bolts is a certain way to make sure it's a 16hp. Your tractor could be converted from a 1250 to 1650 with the lift, lights and engine changes but that would be unusual, and the decal tag as well (I think it shows 1650 in the pic).

Keith - how bout posting a pic of the serial/build tag? And the paint looks awfully nice as well. Has it been painted?

Those extra seat springs look like a good idea, too.
happy.gif

Yes it has been restored and there is'nt very many IH bolts left on it either.

Kieth don't fret it, unless your going to show it to the correct
correct%20police.gif

I'm not worried it's my grass cutter and wagon puller.I planned on using it when I bought it anyway.It is still awsome to think this tractor is 35 years old.

Dave S. i'll snap a photo of the potato digger tomorrow.Yesterday and today were long days.We got the shop floor poured,garage poured and floor system on the house.

Bill J. yes the ground only had about an 1 1/2" of frost.The 1650 with the potato digger pulled through with no problems.

Keith,

Does that little girl in the picture talk her daddy into a ride at any chance that she gets?

Thats grandpa and yea she's even fallen asleep while cutting grass.Wish I had power steering.

251998.jpg

The other day Scoot was asking qestions about painting. Here is a 782 I restored from the ground up. Now it needs washed. I didnt wash it when I got done mowing this year. And it needs its first coat of wax but wanted to share it with all of you. Jim

Does anyone have a cross reference number for an IH-55053-C1 belt. It's on a 149 with a QA-42 snowthrower.
The Cub partsfinder lists it as a 15/32"X30 SL.
I bought a 149 the last night and the PO toasted the belt on the heavy wet snow we had here a couple of weeks ago.
That and the fact that his girlfriend hated it throwing rocks on her grass made a GREAT deal!
I've been looking for a keeper 149 and this one has most of the nuts and bolts in the right place. The D%$re weights have to go ASAP!

252003.jpg

252004.jpg

Jim,

Nice paint.

Rick,

Nice solid 149.

Keith,
No THAT"S what I like to hear. "I'm not worried it's my grass cutter and wagon puller.I planned on using it when I bought it anyway.It is still awsome to think this tractor is 35 years old." These old girls weren't made to be coddled!

Latest posts

Back