• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey there got a 147 that im having a lil trouble with. cant get a spark out of the plug, tried 3 different coil/points (orginal, think is good, and know its good bc i pulled from my running 100) not too sure what could be goin on here because the coil is getting power. anythoughts?

Sounds like you need to try a different plug or plug wire. Is the wire between the coil and points good?

yes the wire is good(at least on one of the three for sure) and i tried different plug wires and plugs as well

Well, I finally got decals on and my blade restored. The scraper, springs, angle pin and lift arm aren't supposed to be yellow, but I made them yellow to make it different.

234151.jpg

234152.jpg

Thanks Charlie, Using CC125 with 23/8.50 tire. Never plowed before, the soil is sandy with spots of clay. Looks like I need to add a bunch of wieght!

Michael- IMO, More than likely its your condenser. Do you have a condenser on it, and is it on the negative side of the coil? I had trouble with that here a few weeks ago on a 125. It seems coils go bad rarely, so pull your condenser off your 100 and make sure it is tight to the shroud.

Kraig - Yes, I did see that post, as well as several other ideas online. My initial cleaning used a couple bottles of "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner and a length of chain to shake around. Then I realized afterward that the tank has a web in it that won't allow the chain to get to. So I had to hope that the cleaner did a better job than it did. Oh well...

Anyway, I may try some muriatic acid as posted. Anyone have any idea how to dispose of the stuff when I'm done with it?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Brent

Brent: My wife noticed that it did a fairly good job of killing the grass in the back yard where I dumped mine (whoops!). I recommend spreading it along a chain link fence or some other place you don't want the weeds to grow.

I understand that bricklayers and masons regularly use it to clean up masonry, so I don't think it does any real damage, at least in the strength of the solutions procurable from sources like Lowes.
smile.gif

Jerimiah,

I would not dump it along a fence line especially if it is a chainlink fence.That stuff will make metal rust pretty quickly,if you need to store the waste be sure it has a top on it.

Ray M.
2 gallons of water per ounce of acid and you can pretty much do what you want with it according to the EPA guidelines.
Just don't pour it down the drain.
It make pretty bubbles on a gravel driveway!
biggrin.gif

Brent, Muriatic Acid is just another name for Hydrochloric Acid..If you take it out side in a plastic bucket, and add Baking Soda it will neutralize it and you can dump it down the drain or whatever...Just be careful it does not boil over when you add the baking soda..

ryan, that is exactly what i tried but who knows ill probly try it again here soon maybe second time will have better luck

Boots, pull the point cover and with the switch on play with the points to see if you get any spark there.

ya i didnt get anything there either. like i said everytime i swapped it out i swapped the coil, condensor, points, wire and plug. ive tried the one that wus on it originally, the ones from my running 100 and the ones that were on my 100 before the 10hp blew a rod(now has a 12hp in it)

Hydro question-I recently dissassembled a spare 15U unit that previous owner said was not working. When taking what I believe is called the trunion shaft out, one has to drive some small pins out of the swash plate. My particular unit had two short pins on one side, and only one short pin on the other side. Is this correct, or did Previous owner disassemble the unit and lose a pin. It seems to me that both sides should have two of these short pins installed to hold the parts together.

Michael, Make shure the + side of the coil is facing rearward and the ignition wire from the key is connected to it, And the - side is connected to the points wire..

Rob Neubauer

Yep that is correct. The pump should have only one small pin on the side opposite the trunion . That is all they had. Later Don T

Michael, I didn't read back too far, but did you put a meter/testlight on the coil wire that comes from the ignition switch? Is there power there (at the coil +)when the switch is at run or start? Got a bad connection at the switch, or maybe bad switch??

Latest posts

Back