• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael,
Trust me, you don't want that nasty old 147, I think you need to just fire it up and send it to Minnesota!
biggrin.gif

Charlie,
I'm sure you have my best interests in heart. Now what was your shipping address?

Just start it up and head it this way, it will find the way!
Yepper, that's a #1.
Looks like you made quite a haul there!
49449.gif

Terry, the bank always has recourse against the sucker who endorced the check or money order. These things take weeks to bounce, so you think you're in the clear, then you get whacked.

"Well now your headin towards the MTD/CCC dept. so you might ask over on that section of the forum."

In other words, IH made the red 82s, CCC made the yellow 82s.

I recently saw a 1450 offered for a good price. Maybe I should buy it and paint it blue. (yes, I once saw pics of a very pretty blue QL)

<font color="ff0000"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><font size="+2">Blasphemy </font></font></font>
49453.gif

Mike R,
The Money Order scam is so notorious on Craigslist that the list puts a scam advisory on every page and email they send out. I listed my old '93 F-150 there, and had a buyer from Maine purportedly representing a church bite. I asked the question to myself: Why would someone in Maine be interested in an old pickup all the way down in MD. It also had that feel of a form letter, which is a bad thing. I ended up selling it locally to some Guatamalen dudes who drove it away without tags on it
bouncy.gif

Just the formatting and grammatical errors in both messages reminded me of the notorious Nigerian 419 scams you sometimes or often see in your inbox.

Charlie..."horse"........come to Ohio and I can get you a 147E-lift for...#100 dollars. Not mine, but I know where it is........signed.....Tonto.
beer2.gif

Mitch H: IH <u>never</u> made a 782D or a 1282. They were introduced by CCC after the sale in 1981 and IH dealers only sold them with Red Paint.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

MATT G. - You mentioned something interesting. My old 129 was the most fuel efficient mowing tractor. I could mow My 2+ acres on about 3 to 3-1/2 gal. With My 10 HP 72 stuck in low gear (it has the fast 2nd which I feel is too fast for a nice job of mowing) I was between 3-1/2 & 4 gal. The 982 almost always used 4 gal. The 129 was a dedicated mowing tractor, no weights, and the 44" deck took a wider cut and I always had the ideal speed for the load. The 72 has about 200# of iron on the back and always seems to be going too slow. The 982 & 50" deck with hydraulics is HEAVY plus it has about 150# of iron on the back. Mowing time with the 982 is about 2 hrs & 45 minutes, 129 was 3 hrs tops, and the 72 is 4 to 6 hours depending on where I run out of gas and the number of pitstops! The larger 4 gal. gas tank on the red tractors really extends run time. When the K321 goes in the 72 a much larger gas tank than the 5 qt stock #72 tank WILL be going on. Plans are for something around 3 to 3-1/2 gallon. I'll have to see what fits under the hood!

Vern, Thanks for the pictures. Could you get a couple more close up pictures from different angles of the narrow front?
Terry,

Vern, thanks for the photos, more please!
happy.gif

Charlie, very cool drawings, I sure like those!!!!!

Michael, Charlie has way to many 147s send that one my way please be sure to include the tiller. You sure made a nice haul there. Some guys have all the luck.

I just found out my clutch throwout bearing on my 122 threw up.
explotar2jr.gif
Is there an easy way to change it, or does the engine have to come out?

Shane P,

I own both a 149 and two 782's and I've ran Quietlines in the past. Personally, between a QL and an 82 series I would upgrade to the 782 in the serial number range between 665001 - 719999 if possible. Lots of power, smooth operation and still have the IH transmission. One with a Series II KT-17 is a bonus.

Thanks guys for the advice on the Q/L and 682/782 question. Good to have experienced opinions to go with the written literature.

Don A. I just replaced the teaser spring in both my 122 and 102 last week. You have to take the engine loose, but I was able to move it forward and lay it sideways enough to remove the clutch without taking loose the wiring, throttle cable, etc. (Of course you want to be sure and disconnect the battery.) It seems to me someone in the past had posted a way of using a 2 X 4 to support the engine, but I had no trouble laying it sideways -- towards the starter-generator. Oh, and I'd replace the teaser spring while you're at it. They're cheap and I've had more trouble with them then throwout bearings. Hope this helps.

Hey guys,I took my oil breather off today to clean it. Its a kohler k161 motor and have a feeling I am missing a part of it.Does anyone have a diagram or some sort of a picture for me to look at.
49475.jpg

Latest posts

Back