• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again Charlie!!! the starter was bad. Its was drawing like 150Volts? Not enough ground or something like that. Aso the bushing was bad. He got it down to 50. Brought it home and put it on. She fired right up!..............
buttrock.gif
....tater ate up!

Scott, oops, I was thinking oil bath air filter. AAAAAAAAA!!!!
bash.gif
I'll see what I can find.

Thanks kraig, Thats excactly what I need, I had a slight oil leak coming out of the governor shaft.So I assumed that the oil breather was plugged up.It seems alittle dirty but not really plugged.I even tried tightening up the large nut on the governor shaft but it was nice and snug.Have you ever had this problem????

Scott, not sure about that, but I bet someone here does. Most everyone else seems to post later in the day after work. Hopefully they'll get an answer to you soon.

Stopped by Tedd Ill yesterday to pick up some parts. He is changing direction on his cub project and has an interesting trailer project going. I'll let him describe it if he wants to. Good to see you Tedd.

JimE

SCOTT - Both Kraig & I post FROM work... I had the same problem on a K181 in My 72 when I first got it. The little reed valve (#20) HAS to go in according to the manual/picture and has to seal the hole in the plate fairly well or You pressurize the crankcase and leak oil. And to be quite honest, It looks backwards in that drawing from the parts book, the flapper or reed valve should be towards the outside. The KOHLER factory service manual was avail. on-line but I couldn't find the K-series manual a couple weeks ago. Keep things clean...use selant on those two gaskets (#19) and your leaks will be gone.

Denny, Scott, I have that Kohler factory PDF file that used to be online. Here's the breather info from it. Notice that it lists the K181 not the K161.

49489.jpg

Latest posts

Back