• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acasteel

displayname
Anthony Casteel
what is the cub with the kubota 3 cyl. in it. Are those good tractors?

Anthony,
The 782D has the Kubota engine in it and they are great tractors.
Here's a pic of Marlin H's if and when he finally gets it home.
49407.jpg

Do they also come in white and yellow? And how much do those run for?

Well now your headin towards the MTD/CCC dept. so you might ask over on that section of the forum.
We don't want to get our post moved/poofed ya know.
biggrin.gif

Ok I need your guys opinion on something. I have a 102 for sale on here and on another tractor site. I got a response to it from a guy that is really interested in it and wants to buy it but I think he's a scammer and don't plan to go through with the transaction. Here's the email he sent me.

Mike

I am very much interested in the Cadet 102 at your asking price. I read and understand it is in fair condition.At present i'm in the IRELAND on vacation.Meanwhile,i'll then instruct my colleague back in the STATES to issue out U.S MONEY ORDER in your name and having it in mind that business is based on trust,when you receive the check,cash it in your bank,deduct the amount due for the purchase[$175]and send back the remaining funds via western union
money transfer to my reputable shipping Agent,whom will take care of the pick up in your location.
Info needed as follows:
1)Name as to be written on check
2)Full address to where the check will be mailed out to
3)Phone # so as to contact you
Looking forward to having your reply and trust.

Warmest regards

Bob

Sounds pretty fishy to me. What do you guys think? Mike.

Mike- Thats the typical SCAM you keep hearing about! DON'T DO IT!!Once you send him the $$ (surplus) then find out the MO is not good, then what do you do?<font color="000000">
buttrock.gif
</font>

I smell fish all over that one!! DONT DO IT
I have seen many spam emails that read very close to what yours does.

Hi all, I just have to share a steering wheel removal story.

First of all I could not get the dang thing to pop off, I tried all the tricks with no luck. Sooo I went with plan B a SAWZALL! I cut it just under the hole behind the battery box I figured I could save everything if I could get the stub out of the wheel. At this point the threads were still good and the wheel wasn't damaged. I proceeded to press the stub out. I took 2 tons of pressure to get it to pop! That wheel was not coming off any other way.
Now all I need to do is weld everything back together its saved.

Matt D.
Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do!
You8 sure you soaked it good with PB Blaster or Kroil and let it set a day or 3 first?

Lyle Baker wanted me to post this pic for hime of his grand daughter. HEY! She's got a Cub hat on.
thumbsup.gif

49409.jpg

Was the battery box on the 100's an option between large and small? I have seen both sizes and was wondering if anyone knows the story?

Thanks,

Mike,
Cash in hand is cash in hand. If you cash the Money Order and get cash in hand make sure they, the bank, cannot take the cash back. If your bank tells you the cash is yours keep it and give him the tractor. After 6 months return the extra money.

Or run like heck!

KRAIG AND TERRY,HAVE HAD SOME TIME TODAY TO TINKER IN THE GARAGE,COUPLE MORE PICTURES ON THE PROGRESS,ONE THING IS I BLASTED THE REAR WHEELS AND MY REAR RIMS ARE TO WIDE FOR MY AG TIRES,SO AT ANY RATE I AM LOOKING FOR SOME 12"REAR RIMS,5 BOLT PROBABLY 6"WIDE.OR A LITTLE LESS.GOT THEM ON THE WIFES 70,NOW I NEED NARROWER ONES.I'LL GET SOME SIDE SHOTS OF THE FRONT END,VERN.
49412.jpg

Charlie,

Im sry i diddent relize that they arnt made by ih

ill post over there

Boy Vern thats sure gonna be a slick little tractor when you get done with it. You seem to be moving right along too! Get more done in one day than I ever could. I suppose having room in the shop to actually work on something would sure help.
bouncy.gif

Wouldn't be interested in making me one of those front ends would ya?

I got something really cool in the mail today. An orginal engineers drawing of the headlight setup for a zig-zag!
It's to big to post the whole thing here in one piece.
49422.jpg

49423.jpg

49424.jpg

49425.jpg

Here are some more pictures of my Saturday haul.
49431.jpg

Here's all three.
49432.jpg

I'm a CCO type of guy, but this zig zag is growing on me!
49433.jpg

Notice the parking brake and right side brake pedal.
49434.jpg

The PO rebuilt this deck with 1/4" diamond plate!

49440.jpg

here's a closeup of the duel brake pedals.

49441.jpg

Parking brake! The PO removed the impliment lift handle to install the right hand brake and parking brake lever.

This stuff came with the 147.
49446.jpg

49447.jpg

I'm pretty ignorant about tillers; is this a #1?

Back