• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott Mc,
Thanks for sharing your experience. It sure helps when you can do a "stare-n-compare", and
never overlook the obvious!

Nope not at all. Just funnin.
beerchug.gif

Bruce M.

I have never seen a Kohler smoke as much as your 10hp.......I thought it was going to melt down last spring.......I tried to scratch out a wheel weight looking mold in the dirt underneath of it...at least that way it would have died a usefull death!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Charlie, you have them, but seeing as you couldn't find them...... :eek:)

24884.jpg

24881.jpg

24882.jpg

24883.jpg

Bruce "M",
I thnig you have a Brinly spring assist. Sorry I don't have any pix.

Well, I am the proud new owner of a 125. Picked up that with an MTD but at the last minute he ended up throwing in a 2 place snowmobile trailer with no title and im not one to refuse extras. But anyways the 125 came with a IH 2 Tiller, QA48 Deck, QA42 Snowblower, and a Hydraulic lift unit. I have not seen it run but he said that it does run but it needs a battery and a tune-up. Hopefully I will have pictures tomorrow.
proud.gif
ihrotate.gif

Nice score Kevin, you got all of the goodies in one shot!!!!!!! Good deal for you!!!

Took little Steven sledding the Cub Cadet way on Sat.......he had a blast!!!! (So did I!!!)

24897.jpg

24898.jpg

24899.jpg

One more....(playing with my new photo resizer)

24901.jpg

One more for the photo resizer test.....a different kind of plowing (in the cold wind)...

24903.jpg

Tom,
Kraig posted a picture on November 11, 2004, that showed a Brinly spring assist for 70-122 tractors which looks like what I have. I may be able to do something with it by making a bracket for the rear anchor, as long as the spring doesn't get in the way of anything. What he posted here on 01-10-05 looks real good (Thanks, Kraig. Whose tractor is that, anyway?), but it isn't what I have.
Steve,
I don't know that I've seen ANYTHING smoke that much and still continue to run. I did use it last winter to move snow, mowed a couple of times with it this year, and leveled some loose dirt with the rear blade with no problems. Much less load. Maybe it's acting better because it's afraid of being hauled to Prophetstown again.

(Message edited by BMoore on January 11, 2005)

I don't get it? What good is a snow blower? I always just wait a few minutes and the wind blows it away.

Hi everyone. I am doing well with the tear down and restore of my 782d. It is going slow because I am taking a lot of time by taking pictures so I know where everything goes as well as labeling EVERYTHING. I am at the point now though where I need to remove the hydrolics (pump, valves, lift...) What is the best way to do this that you guys recomend? Do I just remove a line and let it bleed out, or is there a better way. I am just looking to remove the valves that are in front behind the dash panel as well as the ram for the mower lift. ANY help I could use because I want to do this properly. I won't attempt it until I hear from someone first. thanks for all you help!!!

Oh yea, also, what's the best method for removing that very determined steering wheel (after the nut is off of course). Use a puller? And has anyone installed power steering on these older models like the 782d? I'm sure it can be done using the parts off a new donor, and I HAVE to believe that ONE of you has done this. I would like to add this, so any help or input with taht would ALSO be REALLY appriciated!! I know that some custom brackets and welding would have to be done, and I can handle that, but I would like some input from someone who has already done it though. Thanks again!!

(Message edited by ndorn on January 11, 2005)

STEVE B. - Next winter I bet You post pic's of "LiL Steve" pulling You around on the sled.
thumbsup.gif

Nathan D, A friend and I are in the process of putting power steering on his 782D. We had two donor tractors. One was a 2072 for the steering box, the other is a 1862 for the front axle,steering cylinder,and brackets. There is some slight modification also to the brace across the frame that holds your existing steering box in. Also we had alot of help from Pat Irlbeck, as he has done both of his. Good Luck

When pushing snow with a 782...is there a maximum amount of wheel weights to use to prevent damage to the transmission? There is a local guy who claims excessive wheel weights on a 782 will ruin the transmission after a while. I know they are pretty tough...just wanna make sure its OK. I was going to stack dual IH cast iron weights on each wheel to get that extra 100 lbs on the rear.

I suppose when you install 50 extra lbs on each wheel...the transmission has to speed up and slow down that much more weight. So by increasing the rotating mass...you make it harder on the trans.

And I guess the forward-reverse on slick surfaces is harder on the trans than, say, plowing soil in forward constantly. So I can see his point in keeping the rotating mass to a minimum.

Any thoughts? Thanks ;)

Neil C.
When you add lots of weight to a tractor when it is on the wheel it provides torsional weight to the tractor but no more than as if you were towing it and had the traction. When you add it to the tractor then you are adding the weight in the same way BUT you are also adding it to the axle bearings. A tire loaded with calcium and wheel weights sitting still adds no weight or stress to the axle bearings when it is standing still. The tractor axle bearings is only carrying the weight of the tractor. I rather doubt that weight would hurt the transmission unless your banging it forward and backward a lot really hard. But that's just my thoughts.
24905.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on January 11, 2005)

Back